英语听力论坛's Archiver

Rebecca949 发表于 2011-8-6 10:29

新概念入门第二册48

[audio]http://sound.yywz123.com/tingbbs/xgnrm/xgnrmdec/48.mp3[/audio]

Lesson 48
Did you want to tell me something?
Dentists always ask questions when it is impossible for you to answer. (1)_____________________. I tried to say something, but my mouth was full of cotton wool. He knew I collected match boxes and asked me whether my collection was growing. He then asked me how my brother was and whether I liked my new job in London. (2)________________________. Meanwhile, my tongue was busy searching out the hole where the tooth had been. I suddenly felt very worried, but could not say anythin. (3)________________________.

New words and expressions
pull v.拔
collection n.收藏品,收集品
cotton wool 药棉
nod v.点头
collect v.搜集
meanwhile adv.同时
Notes on the text
1.for a while,一会儿,片刻。
2.He then asked me how my brother was and whether I liked my new job in London.接着他问我的兄弟近来如何,问我是否喜欢伦敦的新工作。
3.In answer to these questions,作为对这些问题的答复。
4.secrch out,搜寻
5.the hole where the tooth had been,刚拔掉的那颗牙的伤口.

**** Hidden Message *****

随风去 发表于 2011-8-25 10:24

1. my dentist had just pull out one of my teeth and he told me to rest for a while.
2. in answer to these questions, I either noded or made strange noises.
3. when the dentist at last removed the cotton wool from my mouth,I was able to tell him that he had pulled out the wrong tooth

亿思绪 发表于 2011-8-25 10:40

1My dentist had just pulled out to one of my teeth and had told me to rest for a while.
2 In answer to these questions, I either noded or made strange noises.
3 When the dentist at last removed the cotton wool from my mouth, I was able to tell him that he pulled out the wrong tooth.

白天羽 发表于 2011-12-2 13:58

1 my dentist had just pulled out of my teeth and had told me to rest for a while.
2 in answer to these questions,i either nodded or made strange noises.
3 when the dentist at last remmoved the cotton wool from my mouth,i was able to tell him that he had pulled out the wrong tooth.

tinaodile 发表于 2012-12-27 13:21

My dentist had just oulled out one of my teeth,and had told me to rest for a while.
In answer to these questions,i'm easy not or make strange noise.
When the dentist at last when moved the cotton wool from my mouth,i was able to tell him that he had oulled out the wrong tooth.

enjoylife 发表于 2013-3-13 20:26

hao

页: [1]