英语听力论坛's Archiver

Rebecca949 发表于 2011-8-8 14:45

新概念入门第二册50

[audio]http://sound.yywz123.com/tingbbs/xgnrm/xgnrmdec/50.mp3[/audio]

Lesson 50
Taken for a ride
I love travelling in the country, but I don't like losing my way.(1)__________________________. "I'm going to Woodford Green,"I said to the conductor as I got on the bus,"but I don't know where it is." "I'll tell you where to get off," answered the conductor. I sat in the front of the bus to get a good view of the countryside. After some time, the bus stopped. (2)_________________________. "You'll have to get off here," the conductor said. "This is as far as we go." "Is this Woodford Green?" I asked. "Oh dear," said the conductor suddenly. "I forgot to put you off." "It doesn't matter," I said, " I'll get off here." "We're going back now," said the conductor, "Well, in that case, I prefer to stay on the bus," I answered.

New words and expressions
ride n.旅行
conductor n.售票员
excursion n.远足
view n.景色
Notes on the text
1. 标题"Taken for a ride"中take ... for 是"把......当作....."的意思。taken for a ride 意思是"就是当作是一次乘车兜风";take sb. for a ride 又作"欺骗"讲,因此taken for 也有'上了当'的含义。
2. lose one's way,迷路。
3. go on an excursion.作一次短距离的旅行。
4. get on the bus,上公共汽车。
5. I'll tell you where to get off.我告诉你哪里下车。
6. I sat in the front of the bus to get a good view of the countryside.我坐在车的前部,以便饱览农村风光。in the front of 作'在......的前部'讲;to get a good view 动词不定式短语作状语,表示目的.

**** Hidden Message *****

随风去 发表于 2011-8-25 09:21

1 .I want on an excurison recently,but my trip took me longer than I expected.
2. looking round, I realized wiht a shock, that I was the only passerger left on the bus.

白天羽 发表于 2011-12-5 14:25

1 I went on an ?? recently  but my trip took me longer than I expected.
2 looking round, I realized with a ? that I wan the only passenger left on the bus.

白天羽 发表于 2011-12-5 14:25

1. I went on an [color=Red]excursion[/color] recently, but my trip took me longer than I expected.
2. Looking round, I realized with a [color=Red]shock [/color]that I was the only passenger left on the bus.

tinaodile 发表于 2013-1-4 13:57

I went on a excursion reasonably,but my trip took me longer than i expected.
Looking around i realized with a shock that i was only the passenger left on the bus.

chuanlin 发表于 2013-10-16 12:11

hao

页: [1]