love your life
[p=30, 2, center][b][size=16px]Love Your Life[/size][/b][/p][p=30, 2, center][i]by Henry David Thoreau[/i][/p]不论你的生活如何卑贱,你要面对它生活,不要躲避它,更别用恶言咒骂它。
However mean your life is,meet it and live it ;do not shun it and call it hard names.
它不像你那样坏。
It is not so bad as you are.
你最富有的时候,倒是看似最穷。
It looks poorest when you are richest.
爱找缺点的人就是到天堂里也能找到缺点。
The fault-finder will find faults in paradise.
你要爱你的生活,尽管它贫穷。
Love your life,poor as it is.
甚至在一个济贫院里,你也还有愉快、高兴、光荣的时候。
You may perhaps have some pleasant,thrilling,glorious hours,even in a poor house.
夕阳反射在济贫院的窗上,像身在富户人家窗上一样光亮;
The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man's abode;
在那门前,积雪同在早春融化。
the snow melts before its door as early in the spring.
我只看到,一个从容的人,在哪里也像在皇宫中一样,生活得心满意足而富有愉快的思想。
I do not see but a quiet mind may live as contentedly there,and have as cheering thoughts,as in a palace.
城镇中的穷人,我看,倒往往是过着最独立不羁的生活。
The town's poor seem to me often to live the most independent lives of any.
也许因为他们很伟大,所以受之无愧。
May be they are simply great enough to receive without misgiving.
大多数人以为他们是超然的,不靠城镇来支援他们;
Most think that they are above being supported by the town;
可是事实上他们是往往利用了不正当的手段来对付生活,他们是毫不超脱的,毋宁是不体面的。
but it often happens that they are not above supporting themselves by dishonest means,which should be more disreputable.
视贫穷如园中之花而像圣人一样耕植它吧!
Cultivate poverty like a garden herb,like sage.
不要找新的花样,无论是新的朋友或新的衣服,来麻烦你自己。
Do not trouble yourself much to get new things,whether clothes or friends,
找旧的,回到那里去。
Turn the old,return to them.
万物不变,是我们在变。
Things do not change;we change.
你的衣服可以卖掉,但要保留你的思想。
Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts. it's a lovely words. very reasonable .good . Things do not change, we change. very good very good story i enjoy it.......Love your life,poor as it is.
:qq77]
页:
[1]