英语听力论坛's Archiver

leyla 发表于 2012-7-29 11:32

英语口语练习小对话 :妻管严

习语:a hen-pecked husband
知识点津:hen-pecked表示“受老婆虐待或怕老婆的人”,所以a hen-pecked husband指的是“怕老婆的人”,和中文的“妻管严”类似。
支持范例:
He is a hen-pecked husband and his wife wears the trousers on all the matters.
他是个“妻管严”,家里事无巨细全由老婆说了算。
He never does anything without asking his wife first—he's a completely hen-pecked husband.
他做任何事都要首先请示他老婆—他是个十足的“妻管严”。
Yes, everyone knows he is a hen-pecked husband.
对呀,大家都知道他家有母老虎。
迷你对话:
A :Does your wife work?
你的妻子工作吗?
B :Yes, she does. She works at home.
是的,她在家工作。
A :Oh, I understand. She cooks, cleans and takes care of children. Is that right?
哦,我明白了。他做饭,打扫屋子,看孩子,对吗?
B :Oh, no. Most of the time I do these things. She is a writer.
哦,不。大多数时间是我干这些活。她是个作家。
A :You are reallya hen-pecked husband.
你可真是个“妻管严”呀。
词海拾贝:
take care of:照顾,照料
I ached to be of an age to take care of myself.
我巴望能到自食其力的年龄。
I' ll take care of the affairs of office.
我来处理办公室的日常事务。

AllenHL 发表于 2012-7-29 16:52

I never does anything without asking My wife first—he's a completely hen-pecked husband.
他做任何事都要首先请示他老婆—他是个十足的“妻管严”。

And I really love her.

leyla 发表于 2012-7-29 20:33

[b]回复 [url=http://bbs.tingroom.com/redirect.php?goto=findpost&pid=798015&ptid=448716]2#[/url] [i]AllenHL[/i] [/b]


    you love his wife?{:5_122:}

AllenHL 发表于 2012-7-30 13:00

just a jok

页: [1]

Powered by Discuz! Archiver 7.2  © 2001-2009 Comsenz Inc.