英语听力论坛's Archiver

幽幽草 发表于 2007-3-23 13:55

第一天上班(认识新秘书)

C:Oh.I didn't realize I was getting an office all to myself.

C:噢,没想到我可以拥有一间私人办公室。

F:Yes,you are.And this is your secretary,Jane Borromeo.She is a Filipina but was born and brought up here and is completely bilingual.

F:是的,你可以。这是你的秘书珍.包罗密。他是菲律宾人,但在这里出生和长大,完全能说两种语言。

S:Hi.How do you do?Just holler if you need anything.

S:嗨。你好吗?如果有任何需要,只要叫我一声就可以。

C:Thanks.(to Buchwald)She is a very attractive girl.

C:谢谢。(对布华奇说)她是个非常迷人的女孩。

F:And capable,too.

F:而且也很能干。

C:Gee,my nameplate's already on the desk.Everything is so neat.

C:哇,我的名牌已经放在桌上了。每件东西都很整齐。

F:Feel free to drop by my office if you have a question.

F:如果有问题,请不要客气,随时我我办公室来。

C:Even s silly one?

C:即使是一个笨问题?

F:How do you know it's silly if you haven't asked?

F:你又没问,怎么知道会是个笨问题。

C:My former colleagues told me three secrets of success in foreign-affiliated companies.First,the ability to speak English well.

C:我以前的同事告诉我,要在外商公司成功有三个秘诀。第一,良好的英文能力。

C:Second.an outgoing and sociable wilf.And third,not getting involved in office politics.

C:第二。外向且善于社交的妻子。第三。不要参与公司的政治斗争。

F:I agree with the fist and the last,You have to be careful when you step into the executive jungle and it's best to stay away from office politics,especially in a big organization like ours.

F:我同意第一点和最后一点。当踏进争夺主管的地方时,必须小心一点,而且最好远离公司的政治斗争,特别是在一个像我们这么庞大的机构当中。

F:The English ability is helpful but you already have a fine command of it.I'm not so sure about the second.

F:英语能力是很有用的,但你的英语已经很好了。我第二点,并不完全确定。

F:I have a good idea.Why don't you bring your wife to our place for dinner next week?She can compare notes with my wife.

F:我有个好注意。下星期,你为何不带你太太到我家来晚餐呢?她可以和我太太交换一下看法

页: [1]

Powered by Discuz! Archiver 7.2  © 2001-2009 Comsenz Inc.