听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » [11-24]中英双语故事:一块钱买头驴
返回列表 发帖

[11-24]中英双语故事:一块钱买头驴

摘要:一天,村里的头面人物毛拉,发现他的驴子丢失了。他本想骑驴去拜访朋友。他很生气,到处奔着寻找那头驴。

One day the Mullah, an important man in the village, found his donkey was gone when he wanted to go visit a friend. He was very angry and ran around to look for his donkey.

The Mullah ran about looking until he was too tired. He sat down to rest at his gate. A few friends came to join him.

"That no-good lazy donkey!" said he. "If I ever see her again, I'll sell her for a dollar!" Selling a donkey for a dollar was just a joke.

Just then the Mullah heard the sound of his donkey's feet. He looked around. There was his donkey. On her back rode a boy.

"Where did you find her?" asked the Mullah. "We couldn't find her anywhere."

"I knew where I would go if I were a donkey," said the boy. "I found her eating grass with the sheep and goats."

Suddenly, the Mullah looked to one side and saw one of his friends holding up a dollar. On the other side he saw another with a dollar.

"I'll buy your donkey, " said the two.

"I was joking!" said the Mullah.

"You didn't sound as if you were joking, " said the two.

The Mullah couldn't break his word. That would be wrong for an important person in the village. He certainly didn't want to sell his donkey for a dollar. So he said, "Meet me at the donkey fair on Saturday. I shall sell her at that time. I shall sell my donkey to the one who will treat her most kindly."

Everybody was kind to animals in the village. So the Mullah thought out a plan. He wanted to keep his word and also to keep his donkey.

回复 1# kobe

On the night before the donkey fair, the Mullah bought a piece of rope. No one had any idea why the Mullah should want a piece of rope.

On Saturday, man and boy in the village came to the donkey fair.

They found a cat tied with a piece of rope to the tail of the Mullah's donkey! Beside them stood the Mullah, who looked happy.

"It is true, I'll sell my donkey for a dollar," said the Mullah. "Just one thing, though. My donkey and my cat are very good friends. They must not be parted. The kind man who buys my donkey must buy my cat also."

"How much is your cat?" asked many voices.

"Oh, my cat is a very important animal," said the Mullah. "Her father caught a mouse for a king. Her mother caght a mouse for the Queen. She is one of the finest of cats. For such a great cat I want one hundred dollars."

The men laughed, and gave up the idea of owning the donkey.

回复 2# kobe

一天,村里的头面人物毛拉,发现他的驴子丢失了。他本想骑驴去拜访朋友。他很生气,到处奔着寻找那头驴。

毛拉四面八方寻找了一通,直到太累才歇息。他坐在门口休息。几位朋友也过来和他坐在一起。

“那头不中用的懒驴!”他说。“要是我重新见到她,愿一块钱将她卖掉!”一块钱卖掉他的驴,仅是说来玩的。

就在那时,毛拉听到驴子的蹄声。他的驴子出现了,由一个男孩骑着过来。

“你在哪里找到她的?”毛拉问。“我们到处都没有找到。”

“要是我是驴,我晓得应该上哪儿去,”男孩说。“我看见她时,他正在跟山羊、绵羊一起吃草呢。”

突然,毛拉侧过脸,看见他的一位朋友伸出握着一块钱的手;朝另一侧一看,又有一人递过来一块钱。

“我想要买你的驴子,”两人异口同声说。

“我刚才是说着玩的!”毛拉说。

“你听上去不像是说着玩的,”两人说。

毛拉不能食言。村里的要人不能这样做。但他当然不愿一块钱出售驴子。于是他说,“我们星期六在驴市场会面。那时候我将驴子卖给你们。我将把她卖给待她最仁慈的人。”