听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 休闲乐园 » 尖叫6 The Scream charpter six
返回列表 发帖

尖叫6 The Scream charpter six

You lost the bag?" Anna spoke the words very slowly and deliberately, unravelling the implications of them in her mind as she said them. Her mother's purse. The money. The keys. The tickets. The passports.
     “你把背包丢了?”Anna一字一句地问道,边问边揣度着这几个字的含义。她妈妈的钱包,钱,钥匙,车票,护照,都在里面。
     The tears were running freely down Mary's cheeks now, forming wet tracks like those made by tiny snails. "I'm sorry, Anna. I didn't mean to lose it. What are we going to say to Mum?"
     Mary现在已经泪流满面了,一道道泪痕像小蜗牛在爬。“对不起,Anna。我不是故意的。我们怎么和妈妈说呢?”
     "Where did you lose the bag?" Anna said, trying to keep calm, but with a sense of urgency in her voice. "Where did you last have it?"
     “你在哪把包弄丢的?”Anna 问,她已经尽量保持冷静了,可是声音里还是透着焦急。“你最后看见它是在哪里?”
     "I had it on the ride," Mary sobbed. "In the car. I put it under the seat so it wouldn't fall out when it went upside down and I forgot to pick it up when I got out."
     “我在坐过山车的时候还背着它,”Mary呜咽着说,“在车里的时候,我把它放在了座位下面,这样车反转的时候它就不会掉下去。但是我下车的时候忘记带它下来了。”
     The roller coaster ride came to life in Anna's head, encircling her mind. The rucksack tucked away under the seat of the first car, was swung up into the air as the ride hit a sharp bend in the track, the pocket of the bag flapping open, and wads of paper money raining down upon the spectators below.
     过山车的形象在Anna脑海里清晰了起来,困扰着她。藏在第一辆车椅子下面的背包,在车行驶到轨道急弯处的时候被甩向了空中,背包的口袋全部敞开,一沓一沓的钱洒落在观看人群的身上。
     "It must be still in the car, then," Anna said sensibly. "You'll have to go back and get it."
     “那它一定还在车上,”Anna理智地说,“你必须回去把它取回来。”

Mary's expression turned to one of horror. "I can't!" she cried. "They won't let me back on now without queuing up again!"
     Mary立刻露出很惊恐的表情。“我不去!”她喊道。“我必须再排一次队才能再上去。”
     "Well, what else are we going to do?" asked Anna. "Do you really want to go and explain to Mum what's happened?" She glanced in the direction of the ice cream van, parked a long way from them, the other side of a tall fence.
     “那我们怎么办?”Anna问。“你真的想去告诉妈妈你把背包丢了么?” 她朝远处那个停在一个高栏后面的冰淇淋车方向看了一眼。
     "No, of course not," Mary answered. "But you were supposed to be looking after me. You should go back and get the bag."
     “不,当然不,”Mary回道。“你是要负责照顾我的。你应该上车去把包找回来。”
     All of a sudden, Anna saw it. How the blame had gently shifted from Mary's shoulders to her own. Once again, Mary had twisted everything to make it seem as if it were her fault. "Which car were you in?" Anna said, her voice beginning to shake.
     忽然,Anna明白了。这个失误的责任已经无声无息地从Mary的身上转移到了自己的身上。又一次,Mary把所有责任都推卸给了她。“你坐的是哪个车?”Anna问,她的声音开始颤抖。
     "Ermm ... the first one, I think," Mary replied thoughtfully. "Yes, the first car with the face on the front. I sat on the left hand side at the front of it."
     “嗯...应该是第一个,”Mary若有所思地回答说。“对,就是第一个面朝前的位子。我坐在前面左手边。”
     "Stay here," Anna said, and thrust her own shoulder bag into Mary's arms. "Don't move. Just look after this bag, okay, and I'm going to go and find the rucksack."
     “在这待着,”Anna说,把自己的背包扔到Mary怀里。“别乱跑。看好这个包,记得么?我去把你的背包拿回来。”

tuck away:隐藏
shift:转移
thoughtfully:思索地

To think about what will happen to Anna?

是你把中式英语带到办公室了么?(五)
英语的口语面貌十分重要,它基本上反映了一个人的英文素养。如果在外资企业工作,办公室中的英文交流必不可少,虽然说不可能保证不犯任何语法错误,但是一些蹩脚的Chinglish(中式英语)会更加让形象大打折扣,所以一定要加以注意。
外籍老板过来安排你一个新任务,为表示自己会尽力,经常会说:
Chinglish:I’ll try my best.
其实,try本身就有try one’s best 的含义,所以
English: I’d like to try/ strive.
这样的表达足以让老板明白你会尽力的决心。
关于so-so,不知道是不是因为中国人以谦虚为美德,总是喜欢说so-so,其实西方人是很少使用这个短语的,我们可以用average/ fair/ all right/ not too bad / OK 等表达来代替它。

返回列表