听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 职场英语 » 如何战胜逆境?
返回列表 发帖

如何战胜逆境?

Presents ways on how to be resilient during times of problems and adversities. Importance of perseverance; Need for psychological stability; Factors which led to resilience.

According to the laws of physics, resilience is the ability to demonstrate the quality of elasticity. When we humanize the word, we speak of those who bounce back from adversity, those who persevere through difficult times and return to a healthy state of being. Though I am not certain you can actually "get resilience" there may be ways-through therapy, relaxation techniques and meditation--that help strengthen our inner selves and our belief in ourselves. We can learn to be less vulnerable to emotional adversity. It is believed that some people are genetically better able to handle the stresses of life and to bounce back from difficulties. Yet I think a common theme in many people who display resilience is a belief in something bigger than one's self. Perhaps a spirituality that comes from within and without. This spirituality allows acceptance that we, as individuals, are not in control of the future and that we are vulnerable beings. This understanding helps us concentrate on what we can do to make the world a better place.

Individual resilience is closely related to our personal sense of security or how comfortable we feel about ourselves. The more stable we are psychologically, the more we can tolerate the stresses of outside events. A flexible container impinged upon by an outside force will change shape temporarily, but will spring back to its previous configuration shortly thereafter. It is resilient. The healthier one's psyche, the more one can withstand both the expected and unexpected slings and arrows of life. The road to psychological health begins with normal genetics followed by an upbringing in a loving, stable family.

Resilient people don't avoid life's hard knocks; they bounce back, survive and flourish. My personal image of resilience is a large blow-up figure weighted at the bottom. It pops back up when you knock it over. Why are some people resilient? There may be a genetic component. Yet we know that it can be learned and that people can become more resilient as a result of counseling and therapy. It seems likely that resilience is based on past experience of mastery, of positive outcomes from transitions and from reinterpreting past events. Resilient people seem to externalize blame and internalize success. The belief in one's resilience seems to allow people to take risks--most successful people have had some failures. It seems to be related to confidence, self-efficacy, flexibility and optimism. Resiliency is in demand in today's stressful, rapidly changing world, perhaps more than ever before.

wonderful article

thank you very much!

did you read over this passage with patience?then thanks for your support

ya ,i like your article ,just one reason : i can learn  form it not just english!!

i donn't read over the article yet,only do a mark!

返回列表