- UID
- 20922
- 帖子
- 193
- 积分
- 251
- 学分
- 339 个
- 金币
- 0 个
- 性别
- 男
- 在线时间
- 58 小时
|
3#
发表于 2007-1-8 09:23
| 只看该作者
What about W.P.A.?
水渍险呢?
W.P.A. has a broader coverage. It covers everything in F.P.A. plus partial loss caused by natural calamities.
水渍险范围广一些,除了平安险的范围外,还包括自然灾害引起的部分损失。
And All Risks?
那么一切险呢?
All Risks means WPA plus additional risks, or extraneous risks, risks not incidental to transport by sea.
一切险就是水渍险加上附加险,附加险即不是由于海上运输本身的特性所带来的风险。
incidental :作表语
~ (to sth) liable to occur because of sth or in connection with sth 易伴随发生; 因相关而产生:
* the risks that are incidental to exploration 探险时容易遇到的危险
* additional responsibilities that are incidental to the job 做这项工作要承担的额外责任
I see. Now, for this particular article, what risks do you usually cover?
我明白了。那么我们这批货,你们通常投保什么险呢?
I have to say that I know every little about this clause. Can you explain it a little?.
我得说我对这个条款了解很少。你能不能解释一下?
clause: paragraph or section in a legal document (eg a will, contract or treaty) stating a particular obligation, condition, etc (在法律文件如遗嘱、 合同或条约中, 陈述具体义务、 条件等的)段落或章节; 条款:
* There is a clause in the contract forbidding tenants to sublet. 合同中列有条款, 禁止承租人转租.
OK.OMCC provides coverage of three basic, some additional risks and some special additional risks.
好的。《海洋运输货物保险条款》承保三种基本险、一些附加险和一些特殊附加险。
The three basic risks are Free from Particular Average (F.P.A.), With Particular Averaged (W.P.A.) and All Risks (A.R.).
这三种基本险是平安险、水渍险和一切险。
What do they mean respectively?
它们分别是什么意思?
Well, roughly speaking, F.P.A. covers total loss resulting from both natural calamities and accidents, and partial loss caused by accidents.
大体上说,平安险包括自然灾害和意外事故造成的全部损失和意外事故造成的部分损失。
calamity / kэl'жmэti; kэ`lжmэti/ n serious misfortune or disaster 灾祸; 灾难:
* The earthquake was the worst calamity in the country's history. 那次地震是全国有史以来最严重的灾难.
* (joc 谑) There are worse calamities than failing your driving test.
比起你驾驶考试不合格来说, 更大的灾难还多着呢.
calamitous / kэ'lжmitэs; kэ`lжmэtэs/ adj ~ (to sb/sth) involving or causing a calamity; disastrous 受灾的; 造成灾害的; 灾难的.
I’m afraid I’m not in a position to give you an answer. I’ll have to consult our head office.
恐怕我无权给您答复,我得和我们总公司联系一下。
Well, my head office says the best we can do is to accept 60 days L/C.
总公司说我们最多只能接受60天信用证。
60 days? Thats all right.
60天?好吧。
But we wish to point out that it is only with a view to encouraging future deals with you that we are accommodating you this time.
但是我们想指出的是,我们只是为了鼓励将来的交易才给你这个通融的。
We always insure our goods with the People’s Insurance Company of China as per their Ocean Marine Cargo Clause, Jan.1, 1981 revision.
我们总是按照中国人民保险公司1981年1月1日的《海洋运输货物保险条款》向他们投保。
I understand your position. But at the moment, I do have some difficulty.
我理解您。但目前我确实有困难。
I would like to bend the rules a little if possible.
如果可能的话,我是愿意通融一下的。
bend the `rules: (idm) change or interpret the rules, laws, etc in a way that suits oneself or the circumstances
(根据情况)放宽规定; 变通; 通融.
We’d be willing to give you a 10% down payment.
我们愿意先付10%的定金。
And the balance by 90 days L/C?
余额用90天信用证支付吗?
the balance : [sing] remainder of sth after part has already been used, taken, etc 剩余:
* The balance of your order will be supplied when we receive fresh stock.
贵方所订购货物之其余部分, 一俟我方进货即可供应.
* When will you take the balance of your annual leave? 你打算什么时候使用剩余的年假?
yes
是的。
Don’t worry. We’re only asking for cash this time.
别担心。我们只是这次要现金。
Well, I think I have no other choice.
那么,我只好答应了。
Then that’s settled.
好,就这么定了。
Yes. I have to admit that you are very astute.
只好这样啦。我不得不承认您很精明。
astute : / э'stju:t; US э'stu:t; э`stut/ adj clever and quick at seeing how to gain an advantage; shrewd
精明的; 机敏的; 狡诈的:
* an astute lawyer, businessman, judge of character, etc 干练的律师、 精明的商人、 知人之明
* It was an astute move to sell just before prices went down. 正好在价格下跌前脱手, 真是精明之举.
> astutely adv. astuteness n [U].
As this is the first deal between us, I hope we can trade on customary terms, i.e.,letter of credit payable against sight draft.
由于这是我们之间进行的第一笔交易,我很希望能够遵照惯例,也就是说,用即期信用证付款。
You don’t mean to say you want cash, do you?
您不是在说您想要现金吧?
Actually, that’s just what I wanted to say.
实际上,这正是我想要说的。
Don’t you think a letter of credit is just as good as cash? And you can discount it at any time, if you like.
您不认为信用证跟现金差不多吗? 而且如果您愿意,什么时候都是可以贴现的。
The problem, you see, is that we are now at the turn of the century. We’re worried about the millennium bug. To be on the safe side, I think cash is the only thing we can accept.
您知道,问题是我们正处在世纪之交,千年虫让我们担忧。所以为保险起见,我们只接受现金。
Will you still ask for cash in the future, I mean, after we enter the new century?
将来,我是说进入新世纪以后,你们仍然要现金吗?
I'm sorry. I have to think it over. As you are probably aware, the international money market is not so stable nowadays.
很抱歉,我得好好考虑考虑。您可能有所警觉,当前国际货币市场不太稳定。
Don’t you trust me? I believe that our pleasant cooperation over the years has proved us trustworthy partners.
您难道不相信我吗?我相信过去几年的愉快合作已经证明,我们都是值得信赖的业务伙伴。
Yes, I know it. But I’m not worrying about your reliability …
这我知道,但我担心的不是你的信誉……
reliability : state or quality of being reliable 可靠(性); 可信(性)
Let’s consider another way, say, letter of credit. Do you think that’s acceptable?
那么我们来考虑另一种方式,比如说信用证,您认为可以接受吗?
A letter of credit should have been all right. But as you know, interest rates are changing from minute to minute. And we can not be assured that …
信用证本来是可以的。但您知道,利率时刻都在变化,不能保证我们…
Then when is the earliest shipment we can expect?
那么最早什么时候可以装运呢?
By the middle of October, I think.
我想要到十月中旬。
It's too late. You see, November is the season for this commodity in our market, and our Customs formalities are rather complicated.
那太迟了。你知道,在我们那儿十一月是这个商品上市季节,另外我们的海关手续相当复杂。
I understand.
我明白。
In terms of payment, would you like to accept D/P?
付款方式方面,您愿意接受付款交单吗?
As I just said, it's a long-distance transportation. I really don't want to take any chances.
我刚才说过,货物要经过长途运输,我实在不想任何冒险。
You need have no fears about that.
你不用担心。
Well, I suppose there is no other choice.
好吧,看来只能这样了。
Now that we've settled the terms of payment, is it possible to effect shipment during September?
我们已经谈妥了付款条件。是否能在九月份装运?
now conj ~ (that)... because of the fact (that)... 由于...; 既然...:
* Now (that) you mention it, I do remember the incident. 经你一提, 我想起那件事了.
* Now you've passed your test you can drive on your own. 你驾驶考试既已合格, 就可以独自开车了.
I don't think we can.
我看不行。
But we're only talking about shirts. They're not fragile goods. Besides, cartons are light and easy to handle.
但我们讲的是衬衣。衬衣不是易碎物品。而且纸箱轻便,容易搬运。
fragile: / 'frжd3ail; US -d3l; `frжd3эl/
Well, I just mean they're easily breakable.
我是说纸箱容易破裂。
There's no need to worry. We can reinforce the cartons with straps.
这个不用担心。我们可以用条带加固。
reinforce : make (sth) stronger by adding material, etc (以添加材料等)加固(某物):
* reinforce the sleeves of a jumper, eg with elbow patches 在套头毛衣肘部加补钉
* reinforce a wall, bridge, dyke, etc 把墙、 桥、 堤坝等加固.
Look, these goods will have to go a long way before they arrive at our port. What if dampness gets into the package?
但这些货物必须经过长途运输才能抵达我港。包装受潮怎么办?
damp :adj (-er, -est) not completely dry; slightly wet 不完全乾燥的; 潮湿的:
* damp clothes 潮湿的衣服 * a damp surface 潮湿的表面
* Don't sleep between damp sheets. 睡觉时不要用潮湿的被褥.
All the cartons are lined with plastic sheets, so they're absolutely water-proof, I can assure you.
所有纸箱都内衬塑料袋,我可以保证绝对防水。
Most of them do. But the background color should be a little lighter.
大多数人是的。但底色好象应该再淡一些。
No problem. What do you think of our logo?
好。你觉得我们的标识怎么样?
logo / 'lэugэu; `lo.go/ n (pl ~s) printed symbol designed for and used by a business, company, etc as its emblem, eg in advertising (企业、公司等的)专用标识, 标记, 商标(如用于广告中的).
Very good. Maybe you should move it a little closer to the middle.
很好。再往中间靠一靠更好一些。
Alright. Do you have anything to say about the outer packaging?
好。外包装如何?
You mentioned cartons, didn't you? I'm afraid cartons are not strong enough.
你说的是纸箱吧?恐怕纸箱不够牢固。
Please don't worry. All the bags are beautifully designed to come in line with the local market preference at your end.
没问题。所有袋子都设计得很精美,符合你们当地市场的口味。
in line with sth: similar to sth; in accordance with sth 与某事物类似或一致:
* in line with the others/with the latest research 与其他的一致[根据最新的研究成果
Have you got any samples here? I'd prefer to have a look.
这儿有没有样品?
Here you are.
请看。
It does look good. Especially the little swan.
确实漂亮。尤其是这个小天鹅。
Thank you. We understand that your people regard swans as a symbol of good luck.
多谢。我们听说你们那儿的人把天鹅当成幸运物。 Waterloo bridge : lucky charm
Thank you. Let’s call it a deal.
谢谢。那么成交了。
Excellent.
太好了。
Can we discuss the packing today?
我们今天谈一谈包装好吗?
Sure. We usually pack our skirts individually in polythene bags, ten dozen to one carton.
好的。我们的衬衣通常每件单独装一塑料袋,10打装一纸箱。
polythene / 'p)liθi:n; `palэθin/ n [U] type of plastic widely used in the form of flexible, often transparent, sheets for waterproof packaging, insulation, etc 聚乙烯:
[attrib 作定语] a polythene bag, cover 聚乙烯塑料袋、 套.
Acceptable. But please pay attention to the design of the inner packing. All the packages must be ready for window display.
好。但请注意内包装的设计,所有的包装都必须适于橱窗展示。
Oh, I’m afraid the price you give is too low. The best I can do is 2%.
哇,恐怕你给的价格太低了。我顶多降价2%。
You say 2% and I say 4%. How about splitting the difference and meeting each other half way? Let’s settle at 3%.
你说2%,我说4%,我们来折中一下,双方各让一半怎样?就降3%吧。
split the `difference : (when making a bargain) settle on an amount half-way between two proposed amounts (idm )(讲价时)各让一步, 折中.
No. I’m afraid it’s still not acceptable.
不行,恐怕我还是不能接受。
What do you say to 2.5%, then?
2.5%怎么样?
Hmm…I appreciate your efforts and sincerity in this transaction. As a token of our cooperation, we accept your bid.
噢……我非常感谢您在这笔生意中所做的努力和诚意。为表示我们愿意合作,我们接受您的递价。
token / 'tэukэn; `tokэn/ n
1 sign, symbol or evidence of sth 表徵; 标志; 证据:
* A white flag is used as a token of surrender. 白旗是用作投降的信号.
* These flowers are a small token of my gratitude. 谨以此花聊表谢忱.
2 disc like a coin used to operate certain machines or as a form of payment (用以启动某些机器或用作付款形式的)代币, 专用辅币: Tokens for the cigarette machine are available at the bar. 在柜台可以买到供自动售烟机使用的代币.
* milk tokens, ie (in Britain) bought from the milkman and left on the doorstep to pay for the milk delivered 牛奶票(送奶人出售的票证, 购者用以付送奶费, 可置于门外).
3 (esp in compounds 尤用以构成复合词) voucher or coupon, usu attached to a greetings card, which can be exchanged for goods of the value shown 赠券; 礼券:
* a 10 `book/`record/`gift token 金额10英镑的书券[唱片券/礼券].
in token of sth as evidence of sth 作为某事的证据:
* Please accept this gift in token of our affection for you. 请接受这一礼物, 这是我们微薄的情意.
I’m sorry to say we can’t close business at that price. Aren’t we old friends?
我很抱歉,以这样的价格我们无法成交。我们都是老朋友了吧!
Well, in view of our good cooperation over the past years, we can take some considerations, but only for this order.
好吧,鉴于我们过去多年的友好合作,我们可以做些考虑,但尽限这批订货。
Then how much can you go down?
那么你能减多少?
1% off the original price.
原价的1%。
1%! Your reduction is too modest. What about 4%?
1%! 你的降价幅度太小了。4%怎么样?
Other companies are also saying that their products are the best.
别的公司也都说他们的产品是最好的。
Let’s meet each other half way. I’ll cut another 5%. That’s definitely my rock bottom price.
我们来折中一下吧。我再降5%。这绝对是最低价格了。
rock-`bottom n [sing] (used without a/the 不用a/the) lowest point 最低点:
* Prices have reached rock-bottom. 物价已下降到最低点.
* [attrib 作定语] ,rock-bottom (ie bargain) `prices 最低的价格.
All right. That’s settled.
好吧。就这么定了。
Unfortunately your price appears to be higher than ever.
很遗憾,您的价格比以往都高。
Yes, we know. Because of the price hike in raw materials, we were forced to adjust our prices accordingly.
是的,我们知道。但由于原材料涨价,我们不得不相应调整产品的价格。
hike : (infml 口) rise in prices, costs, etc (价格、 价值等的)提高, 增加:
* The union demands a 7% wage hike. 工会要求提高工资7%.
Then what’s your idea of a good price?
那你觉得什么价格合适?
I would say 20% off the listed price.
标价减20%。
Impossible. We won’t make any profit at that price. 10% is the best we can do.
那不可能。这样我们就无钱可赚了。最多降10%。
It’s still too high.
还是太高。
Our quality is far beyond comparison. Besides, the market is advancing. Our goods can always find a good sale.
我们的质量是无与伦比的。而且行情上涨,我们的货物销路一直很好。
We are surprised to find that your price is 25% higher compared with other companies.
发现你们的价格比其他公司的高25%,我们很吃惊。
25%? You can’t be serious!
25%? 你不是开玩笑吧!
That has been confirmed by our survey. I’m afraid I’ll have to cancel the deal unless you reduce your price.
我们调查证实过了。恐怕我将不得不取消这笔生意,除非您降价。
But you know fully well that our product is of superior quality. Other products can’t be compared with it.
但您很了解我们的产品质量上乘,其他产品无法与之相比。
True. But it’s also a fact that your price is too high.
是的。但您的价格太高了,这也是一个事实。
But even for such products we have minimum quality requirements that must be met.
即使是这些产品,我们也规定了必须达到的最低质量要求。
Indeed, they are not bad, indeed. Do you do them in any other colours?
确实不错。还有其他颜色吗?
Yes, there is dark blue, light grey, desert tan, all available in a full range of sizes.
有的,还有深蓝、浅灰、土黄 — 这些颜色尺码都齐全。
range [C] group or series of similar things; selection or variety 成套或成系列的东西; 种类:
* sell/stock a whole range of tools, dresses, foods 出售[备有]各种各样的工具、 服装、 食品
* The new model comes in an exciting range of colours. 这种新式样有各种鲜艳的颜色.
* have a wide/narrow range of interests, hobbies, etc 兴趣、 爱好等甚广[不广].
The color won’t fade, will it?
不会褪色吧?
No, it’ll last very well.
不,不会褪色。
If you can produce fashionable styles of such fine quality, your shoes will win great popularity in our market.
如果那么你们能生产品质这么优良款式有新颖的鞋子,它们在我们市场上将会大受欢迎。
popularity / .p)pju'lжrэti; .papjэ`lжrэti/ n
[U] quality or state of being liked or admired by many people 受大家喜爱或赞赏的性质或状态; 普及; 流行; 通俗性; 声望:
* win/gain/enjoy/command the popularity of the voters 获得广大选民的拥戴
* His popularity among working people remains as strong as ever.
他在劳动人民中一如既往声望很高.
* Her books have grown in popularity recently. 她的书近来大受欢迎.
Quality is something we never neglect. Good quality ensures continued sales.
我们一直十分重视质量。商品质量好,才能不断有销路。
Indeed. I see you’ve got some nice walking shoes too.
确实是。我看你们还有些便鞋也挺不错。
They’re remarkably comfortable. By the way, Mr. Smith, isn’t there room in your market for lower grade shoes?
这种鞋穿着非常舒服。顺便问一下,史密斯先生,比较低档的鞋在你们那里有销路吗?
room
~ (for sth) opportunity; scope 机会; 范围:
* There's (plenty of) room for improvement in your work, ie It is not as good as it could be. 你的工作还有(许多)改进的余地.
* There's no room for doubt,ie It is quite certain. 没有怀疑的余地.
Even highly demanding markets require a wide range of quality and price levels for any group of products.
即使要求很高的市场对不同种类的商品,也需要有各种档次的货色和价格。
And durable as well.
而且也耐穿。
durable / 'djuэrэbl; US 'duэrэbl; `durэbl/ adj
lasting for a long time 持久的; 耐久的: a durable peace, friendship, settlement 持久的和平、 永恒的友谊、 永久的解决
* trousers made of durable material 耐穿的料子制成的裤子
* This varnish provides a durable finish. 这种清漆可作耐久的罩面漆.
> durability / .djuэrэ'bilэti; US .durэ'bilэti; .durэ`bilэti/ n [U].
durables n [pl] (also con,sumer `durables)
goods expected to last for a long time after they have been bought, eg vacuum cleaners
耐用品(如吸尘器).
Oh, durability is not too important nowadays, especially for women’s shoes, it’s a style conscious market.
噢,耐穿在当今时代已经不大重要了,尤其是女鞋,讲究式样翻新。
Yes, we’ve noticed that.
是的,我们已经注意到了。
Some of your shoes are satisfactory to your domestic market, but they would need to be adapted for the export market or they wouldn’t be acceptable.
你们的一些鞋,对你们国内市场来说是不错的,但是作为外销,就要有些改动,要不然,国外不会接受的。
adapt
~ sth (for sth) make sth suitable for a new use, situation, etc; modify sth 使某事物适合于新的用途、 情况等; 修改某事物:
* This machine has been specially adapted for use underwater. 这机器是为水下使用而特别改装的. * These styles can be adapted to suit individual tastes. 这些式样均可改动以适应个人不同的爱好.
We can produce shoes modeled after the fashions of different markets or according to buyers’ samples.
我们能按不同市场的流行款式或客户来样,制作不同款式的鞋子。
Your L/C must be opened at least one month before the time of shipment, otherwise we wouldn't be able to catch the ship.
你方信用证必须在装货前一个月开出,否则我们将赶不上船。
No problem. I'll have the covering L/C opened as soon as I get back.
没问题。我一回去,就马上安排开立有关信用证。
Fine. I'm very glad our negotiations have arrived at a successful conclusion.
好,我很高兴我们的谈判取得了成功。
Me too. I hope this initial deal will result in further transactions between us.
我也是。我希望这首笔生意会带来更多的交易。
result in sth have a specified effect or consequence 产生某种作用或结果:
* Our efforts resulted in success/failure. 我们的努力终于成功[失败]了.
* The talks resulted in reducing the number of missiles/missile reduction.
谈判结果削减了导弹数量. |
|