听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » You forgot my toast
返回列表 发帖

You forgot my toast

An 80-year-old couple was having problems remembering things, so they decided to go to their doctor to see what was wrong with them. They explained to the doctor about the problems they were having with their memory. After checking the couple over, the doctor told them that they were physically okay but might need to start writing things down to help them remember. The couple thanked the doctor and left.

Later that night while watching TV, the old woman said to the old man, Honey, will you please go to the kitchen and get me a dish of ice cream?”

Before the old man left, she added, “Why don’t you write that down, so you won’t forget?”

“Nonsense,” said the husband, “I can remember a dish of ice cream!”

“Well,” said the wife, “I’d like some strawberries on it. You’d better write that down, because I know your memory is failing.”

“Don’t be silly,” replied the husband, “there’re only two things: a dish of ice cream and some strawberries. I can surely remember that!”

With that, he rushed into the kitchen. After about twenty minutes he returned from the kitchen and handed her a plate of bacon and eggs.

The wife took one look at the plate, glanced up at her husband, and said, “Hey, you forgot the toast!”

Well, how about the story?
It is funny, isn’t it? Besides, you can also learned some thing else from the story. You have grasped it, aren’t you?

Copy from New Horizon College English Viewing, Listening &Speaking: A Multimedia Approach3 Unit one

Ⅲ.Listening In Task2:You forgot my toast!

Copied by Toland

May 9, 2010

评分人数

• tingroom

its a funny story!welcome to go though it!

It is  terrible when we are old,our memories are failing.

it‘s so funny,but it’s so sad.thanks.

返回列表