听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 9月21日英语故事:紫丁香的回忆(2)
返回列表 发帖

9月21日英语故事:紫丁香的回忆(2)

read the story carefully and then translate the phrases which are marked in red or write down what
you get from the story to gain the score. 试着翻译红色的部分或者发表自己的看法.

Finallythoughthey returned to their car for the trip home. While the kids chattered and the man drovethe woman sat smilingsurrounded by her flowersa faraway look in her eyes.

When they were within three miles of homeshe suddenly shouted to her husband"Stop the car. Stop right here!"

The man slammed on the brakes. Before he could ask her why she wanted to stopthe woman was out of the car and hurrying up a nearby grassy slope with the lilacs still in her arms. At the top of the hill was a nursing home andbecause it was such a beautiful spring daythe patients were outdoors strolling with relatives or sitting on the porch.

The young woman went to the end of the porchwhere an elderly patient was sitting in her wheelchairalonehead bowedher back to most of the others. Across the porch railing went the flowersin to the lap of the old woman. She lifted her headand smiled. For a few momentsthe two women chattedboth aglow with happinessand then the young woman turned and ran back to her family. As the car pulled awaythe woman in the wheelchair wavedand clutched the lilacs.

"Mom"the kids asked"who was thatWhy did you give her our flowersIs she somebody's mother"The mother said she didn't know the old woman. But it was Mother's Dayand she seemed so aloneand who wouldn't be cheered by flowers"Besides"she added"I have all of youand I still have my mothereven if she is far away. That woman needed those flowers more than I did. "

This satisfied the kidsbut not the husband. The next day he purchased half a dozen young lilacs bushes and planted them around their yardand several times since then he has added more.

I was that man. The young mother wasand ismy wife. Nowevery Mayour own yard is redolent with lilacs. Every Mother's Day our kids gather purple bouquets. And every year I remember that smile on a lonely old woman's faceand the kindness that put the smile there.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

Finally,though,they returned to their car for the trip home. While the kids chattered and the man drove,the woman sat smiling,surrounded by her flowers,a faraway look in her eyes.
最后,尽管他们坐上他们的车回家了。那些小孩喋喋不休的谈说,男人在开车,女子在旁边开始的笑着,在他们旁边的是花,一种莫名的愉快油然而生
"Mom,"the kids asked,"who was that?Why did you give her our flowers?Is she somebody's mother?"The mother said she didn't know the old woman. But it was Mother's Day,and she seemed so alone,and who wouldn't be cheered by flowers?"Besides,"she added,"I have all of you,and I still have my mother,even if she is far away. That woman needed those flowers more than I did. "
那些小孩问:妈,她是谁?为什么你把我们的花给她了,她是谁的妈妈吗?母亲回答说“她并不认识那个老妪,但今天是母亲节,而那老妪很像很孤单,没人会太在意这花。而且”她还说“我已经有你们了,我仍是一位母亲,但这对她来说却是遥远的,她比我更需要那些花”

Every Mother's Day our kids gather purple bouquets. And every year I remember that smile on a lonely old woman's face,and the kindness that put the smile there.
每个母亲节,我们这些小孩都会聚在紫色的花海,每年我会记起那位老妪脸上的微笑,而这微笑是多么的亲切

Finally,though,they returned to their car for the trip home. While the kids chattered and the man drove,the woman sat smiling,surrounded by her flowers,a faraway look in her eyes.
最后他们返回到车上回家,孩子们闲聊着,男人开着车,女人坐在那里笑着,出神地望着包围着她的花。
"Mom,"the kids asked,"who was that?Why did you give her our flowers?Is she somebody's mother?"The mother said she didn't know the old woman. But it was Mother's Day,and she seemed so alone,and who wouldn't be cheered by flowers?"Besides,"she added,"I have all of you,and I still have my mother,even if she is far away. That woman needed those flowers more than I did. "
“妈妈”,孩子们问道:“那是谁,为什么把我们的花给她?她是谁的妈妈?”妈妈说她不认识那位老妇人。但是今天是圣诞节,她看起来很孤单。谁不会因为花高兴起来呢,另外,妈妈又说道,我有你们,我还有我的妈妈,虽然她离我很远。那个女人比我更需要这些花。
Every Mother's Day our kids gather purple bouquets. And every year I remember that smile on a lonely old woman's face,and the kindness that put the smile there.
每年的圣诞节我们的孩子都会采来紫色的丁香花束,每年我都会想起那位孤独的老妇人脸上的笑容,还有给她带去笑容的善意。

最后不过,他们返回了他们回家的车。那时孩子们聊着天,男人开着车,女人坐着笑,周围环绕着花,出神地望着远处
“妈妈”孩子们问,“那是谁?为什么把我们的花给她?她是谁的妈妈?妈妈说她不认识这个老人。但是那是母亲节,她看起来很孤单,谁不想用花来庆祝”?她再说,“我有你们还有我妈妈,尽管她在远方。这个妇女比我更需要这些花。”
每逢母亲节我们的孩子们收集紫丁香,而每年我都记得那个孤单老人的笑脸,那记下了笑容般的仁慈。

后来,他们开车重新走上回家的路,孩子们喋喋不休的说着,先生开车,妈妈坐在车里,微笑着,被花环绕,一个希望在她的眼中
”妈妈“孩子们问到,”那人是谁,为什么你给她我们的花,他是某人的母亲吗“妈妈说她不认识这个老年的女人,但是因为是母亲节,而且她看起来很孤独,谁不为鲜花喝彩呢,,她说,我有你们在我身边,而且我也有妈妈,尽管她现在很远地方,那个女人需要这些花胜过我需要这些花
每一年的母亲节,我的孩子们都会给我送来紫色的鲜花,,每一年,我仍然记得那个微笑在那个年老的孤独的妇女的脸上,那种亲切仍然存在

Finally,though,they returned to their car for the trip home. While the kids chattered and the man drove,the woman sat smiling,surrounded by her flowers,a faraway look in her eyes.,尽管最后他们回到车中开车回家。当孩子们在兴奋的交谈着,男人在开着车子时。女人面带微笑的坐着,她的眼神深远,身边满是鲜花。
"Mom,"the kids asked,"who was that?Why did you give her our flowers?Is she somebody's mother?"The mother said she didn't know the old woman. But it was Mother's Day,and she seemed so alone,and who wouldn't be cheered by flowers?"Besides,"she added,"I have all of you,and I still have my mother,even if she is far away. That woman needed those flowers more than I did. ” “妈"孩子们问,“那个人是谁啊,你为什么要把我们的鲜花给她?她是你认识的什么人的妈妈么?"妈妈说她不认识这个老妇人,但是这是母亲节,而她看起来那么孤单,而谁又不会因鲜花而开心呢?“而且”她接着说,“我有你们,我也还有我的妈妈,尽管她在很远的地方,那个老妇人比我更需要这些鲜花。”
Every Mother's Day our kids gather e purple bouquets. And every year I remember that smile on a lonely old woman's face,and the kindness that put the smile there.
每个母亲节我们的孩子都会采集一大束的鲜花.每年我都会想起那个孤独的老妇人脸上的微笑,和把微笑留在那张脸上的善良。

。。。

最后,他们回到车上,驶上回家的路。孩子们谈笑着,男人开着车,女人微笑着坐在,鲜花环绕着她,出神地望着远处。

返回列表