当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 职场英语 » 天天商务英语学习(中高级)2007-6-12
返回列表 发帖

天天商务英语学习(中高级)2007-6-12

天天商务词汇
fake (adjective) 假的;假冒的

解释

not genuine

例句

A lot of my colleagues think there's nothing wrong with buying fake designer watches and handbags, but it's simply unethical.

天天商务报道
Smoke-free 'coffee shops' in Amsterdam?
阿姆斯特丹的无烟咖啡店?

Next year's smoking ban on all Dutch restaurants and bars will have a unique effect on shops that specialize in selling marijuana and hashish. At least, that's what correspondent Rico Gagliano seems to remember...
TEXT OF INTERVIEW
MARK AUSTIN THOMAS: In the Netherlands, it appears the government will ban smoking in restaurants and cafes starting next year. I mean tobacco smoking - but in Amsterdam, tobacco is mixed with other things at certain cafes.
Our reporter Rico Gagliano joins us from the red light district of Amsterdam. Rico, how is this going to affect the cafes?
RICO GAGLIANO: Well, the law is designed to protect the employees of the coffee shops. And that's what we're talking about here, they're called "coffee shops" in English - that's how you can identify a place where you want to smoke marijuana. Essentially, what a coffee shop would look like, if this thing were to go into effect, would be you'd walk in, and there would be a sort of booth area where you would buy the marijuana. And then you'd be allowed, say, behind a glass partition, and you could smoke it behind the glass partition - but nobody would be allowed to come in there to serve you.
THOMAS: Now, you've been in to a couple of these places, I gather?
GAGLIANO: Uh, yeah. But make no mistake, I'm high on life.
THOMAS: OK, thank you for clarifying. But what are people saying about this?
GAGLIANO: I talked to a couple - a young man and woman from Wales - and they said that if this were to go into effect that they wouldn't like it as much, that it would ruin the atmosphere. And then I asked them how it would ruin it, and they looked confused and didn't say anything for a while. And then I remembered I was interviewing two people who were high on marijuana.
I also went in to talk to the mananger of the High Times coffee shop. He seemed to believe that not too many people are worried about it... It's an idea that's been kicked around for many years and people have wondered how the smoking ban would affect shops. And the gentleman I spoke to at the High Times coffee shop felt that the government makes too much money off of taxes to do anything that would really cripple this industry.
THOMAS: OK, Rico Gagliano in Amsterdam... Thanks.
TONG: Thanks a lot.

mp3下载

附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

最好来个合集哦

要不哪天没有上网就落下了哦

呵呵 就是啊 中间已经拉了一些了 不国楼主太辛苦拉 很感谢你

返回列表