听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 2010年9月29日英语故事:The Sight of Father’s Back
返回列表 发帖

2010年9月29日英语故事:The Sight of Father’s Back

try  to  translate the phrases which are marked in red  

I said, “Dad, you might leave now.” But he looked out of window and said, “I’m

going to buy you some tangerines. You just stay here. Don’t move around.” I caught sight

of several vendors waiting for customers outside the railings beyond a platform. But to

reach that platform would require crossing the railway track and doing some climbing up

and down. That would be a strenuous job for father, who was fat. I wanted to do all that

myself, but he stopped me, so I could do nothing but let him go. I watched him hobble

towards the railway track in his black skullcap, black cloth mandarin jacket and dark blue

cotton-padded cloth long gown. He had little trouble climbing down the railway track, but

it was a lot more difficult for him to climb up that platform after crossing the railway track.

His hands held onto the upper part of the platform, his legs huddled up and his corpulent

body tipped slightly towards the left, obviously making an enormous exertion. While I was

watching him from behind, tears gushed from my eyes. I quickly wiped them away lest he

or others should catch me crying. The next moment when I looked out of the window again,

father was already on the way back, holding bright red tangerines in both hands. In

crossing the railway track, he first put the tangerines on the ground, climbed down slowly

and then picked them up again. When he came near the train, I hurried out to help him by

the hand. After boarding the train with me, he laid all the tangerines on my overcoat, and

patting the dirt off his clothes, he looked somewhat relieved and said after a while, “I must

be going now. Don’t forget to write me from Beijing!” I gazed after his back retreating out

of the carriage. After a few steps, he looked back at me and said, “go back to your seat.

Don’t leave your things alone.” I, however, did not go back to my seat until his figure was

lost among crowds of people hurrying to and fro and no longer visible. My eyes were again

wet with tears.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

那对我比较胖的父亲来说有点胖,我想自己去买,但是他阻止了我,我除了让他去什么也不能做。我看见他蹒跚的向铁路轨道走去,带着黑色的无边帽,黑色紧身马褂夹克和黑蓝色的棉布长衫,他爬下铁轨没什么困难,但是他穿过铁轨后要爬上月台是很困难的,他的手撑住月台的上部,他的腿拳到上面去,他肥胖的身体向左边微微倾斜,明显的做了一个巨大的动作,当我从后面注视他时,泪水从眼里涌出,我迅速的把它擦干,唯恐被他或者其他人看到。
而我没有回到座位上,知道他的背影消失在匆忙人群中,反复的,不能再看见。我的眼睛又被泪水湿润了。

这对于胖胖的父亲来说是件费事的事情,我本来是想自己去的,但是父亲不让,所以我只能让他去了。我看着他戴着黑色无边小帽,穿着黑色马褂和深蓝色棉长袍,蹒跚地走向铁轨,有些困难地跳下去,穿过铁轨后又艰难地爬上站台,只见他双手撑住站台的上边,双腿向上缩,然后胖胖的身体微微向左倾,明显花了好大的力气,当我在后面看着他时,眼泪便流下来了。我赶紧擦掉眼泪,怕被他看见,也怕被别人看见。

直到他的背影在来来往往的人群中再也看不见我才回到了自己的座位上,这时我的眼泪又充满了我的眼睛。

附:朱自清原文《背影》

我说道:“爸爸,你走吧。”他往车外看了看说:“我买几个橘子去。你就在此地,不要走动。”我看那边月台的栅栏外有几个卖东西的等着顾客。走到那边月台,须穿过铁道,须跳下去又爬上去。父亲是一个胖子,走过去自然要费事些。我本来要去的,他不肯,只好让他去。我看见他戴着黑布小帽,穿着黑布大马褂,深青布棉袍,蹒跚地走到铁道边,慢慢探身下去,尚不大难。可是他穿过铁道,要爬上那边月台,就不容易了。他用两手攀着上面,两脚再向上缩;他肥胖的身子向左微倾,显出努力的样子。这时我看见他的背影,我的泪很快地流下来了。我赶紧拭干了泪。怕他看见,也怕别人看见。我再向外看时,他已抱了朱红的橘子往回走了。过铁道时,他先将橘子散放在地上,自己慢慢爬下,再抱起橘子走。到这边时,我赶紧去搀他。他和我走到车上,将橘子一股脑儿放在我的皮大衣上。于是扑扑衣上的泥土,心里很轻松似的。过一会儿说:“我走了,到那边来信!”我望着他走出去。他走了几步,回过头看见我,说:“进去吧,里边没人。”等他的背影混入来来往往的人里,再找不着了,我便进来坐了,我的眼泪又来了。

返回列表