听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 写作提高 » 【写作词句】打网球时必要知道的一些词汇
返回列表 发帖

【写作词句】打网球时必要知道的一些词汇

(1)Basics

a player
one of the people involved in playing a game, e.g. tennis player or football player

singles
a game between two players

doubles
a game involving four players (two on each side)

a serve
a point begins with a player serving the ball. This means one player hits the ball towards the other player. (The serve must be played from behind the baseline and must land in the service box. Players get two attempts to make a good serve.)

a server
the player who hits the ball first for each point in a game

a receiver
the player who hits the ball back after a serve

ends
each side of the court (that begins with a baseline)

the baseline
the line marking the front and back of a tennis court

the net
the piece of material across the middle of the tennis court that divides the court in half

sideline - the left and right edges of a tennis court

(2)Scoring

game
a player wins a game if, generally, they are the first player to win four points 4

set
Generally, the first player to win six games wins a set 6

match
Usually, in men's tennis, the first player to win three sets 3 wins the match. In women's tennis, the first player to win two sets wins the match

deuce
if a score gets to 40-40, the score is called deuce - at this stage, the winner of the game is the first player to now win two points in a row

tiebreak
if both players win 6 games each then there is a tie-break. In a tiebreak, the first player to win seven points, wins the tiebreak (note: like deuce, if both players get to six points, then the winner is the player who now wins two points in a row)

love
a score of zero points in a game or zero games in a set

match point
a player who only needs one more point to win the match is said to be at match point

all
indicates the scores are level. For example, '15-all' means that both players have a score of 15

ball boy/girl
professional tournaments use young boys or girls to collect tennis balls during a game

ball change
in tournaments the balls are changed after a certain number of games to ensure they stay as bouncy as possible

(3)Types of shots

down-the-line
a shot that travels parallel to and along the sideline

drive
a hard, straight shot often used to pass an opponent at the net

drop shot gently played shot that just gets over the net so the other player can't reach it

fault
a serve which hits the net and / or lands outside the service box

foot fault
this happens when a server's feet touch the ground in front of the baseline or the wrong side of the centre mark before hitting the ball

回复 1# evaxiaofan

when at college,i chose  tennis course,and finally i got the highest score.

回复 2# tingroom

you seem to be a master hand, I'm afraid I'm no match for you now~~

thanks for correction~~

回复 3# evaxiaofan

you are welcome,if there is any chance,would you like to take me on tennis?it must be funny...

回复 4# tingroom

ok~ok~~
    It's my honor!

返回列表