当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 职场英语 » 天天商务英语学习(中高级)2007-6-29 MP3下载
返回列表 发帖

天天商务英语学习(中高级)2007-6-29 MP3下载

天天商务词汇
postpone sth. (verb) 推迟

解释

to move sth. to a later date

例句

We're going to have to postpone the decision until next week. We don't have all the information we need yet.

天天商务报道
Turban cowboy
戴头巾的牛仔

Actor, playboy, millionaire, model, investment banker and hotel owner: there seem to be almost as many labels for Vikram Chatwal as there are days of the week. The 34-year-old is making a name for himself, or several names, in both the business and the society pages of the newspapers.
Sometimes dubbed the "Prince of Manhattan" or the "Turban Cowboy", because he normally wears a Sikh turban, Chatwal attended the prestigious Wharton School of Business in Pennsylvania. He then worked as an investment banker to gain independence from his wealthy Indian family. "I went to work at Morgan Stanley to make my own millions," he told The Observer.
In 1999, Chatwal opened Hautel Couture, a chain of fashion hotels, which is now valued at $380 million. He has also modelled for Vogue magazine and acted in the Bollywood film One Dollar Curry.
Chatwal's playboy image-he has dated supermodels Kate Moss and Gisele Bündchen-may have lost its lustre following his marriage in February to Priya Sachdev, a model and investment banker who was educated at the London School of Economics.
However, whether in business or in Bollywood, Chatwal clearly enjoys his extravagant lifestyle. "Your reputation going before you can make you a target," he says. "But to me that is a lot better than ho-hum."

附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

thanks

返回列表