听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 10月23日英语故事:The Monkey King and the Water Demon
返回列表 发帖

10月23日英语故事:The Monkey King and the Water Demon

read the story carefully and then translate the phrases which are marked in red or write down what you get from the story to gain the score. 试着翻译红色的部分或者发表自己的看法.

The Monkey King and the Water Demon
猴子国王与水妖

Once upon a time, far away in a deep forest, therewas a nation of 80,000 monkeys. They had a king who was unusually large, as big as a fawn. He was not only big in body, he was also 'large in mind'. After all, he was the godhisatta ' the Enlightenment Being.
  从前,在遥远的森林的深处,有一个由80,000只猴子组成的猴子王国。它们的国王,个子很高大--他不仅仅是个子大,他的头脑也非常聪明。毕竟,他可是受过神的点化的。

One day, he advised his monkey nation by saying,"My subjects, there are poisonous fruits in this deep forest, and ponds possessed by demons. So if you see any unusual fruit or unknown pond, do not eat or drink until you ask me first." Paying close attention to their wise king, all the monkeys agreed to follow his advice.
  某天,他经过深思熟虑之后对他的臣民们说:"我的子民们,在这个森林的深处长着一些有毒的果子,并且那里的水塘也被魔鬼控制住了。所以如果你们看到任何以前从未见过的果子或未知的水塘,在问过我之前不要吃这些果子或是饮用这些塘水。" 所有的猴子都很认真的听他们睿智的国王的讲话并且承诺听从他的忠告。

Later on, they came to an unknown pond. Even though they were all tired out and thirsty from searching for food, no one would drink without first asking the monkey king. So they sat in the trees and on the ground around the pond.
    不久之后,他们真的遇到了一个以前从未听说过的池塘。尽管他们因为寻找食物而又累又渴,但是没有一个在未得到他们的国王的允许之前就跑去喝水,他们只是散坐在树上和池塘附近的地上等待他们的国王的到来。

When he arrived, the monkey king asked them, "Did anyone drink the water?" They replied, "No, your majesty, we followed your instructions." He said, "Well done."
    当国王到达的时候,他问他的臣民们:"你们喝了池塘里的水了吗?" 猴子们回答: “没有阿,我伟大的王,我们完全遵照您的教导。" 国王说: “ 很好"

Then he walked along the bank, around the pond.He examined the footprints of the animals that had gone into the water, and saw that none came out again! So here alized this pond must be possessed by a water demon. He said to the 80,000 monkeys, "This pond is possessed bya water demon. Do not anybody go into it."
  然后他沿着池塘的岸边走了很久。仔细的检察了到过水里的动物留在岸边的足迹,他发现没有一个能再从水里走出来的!所以这个池塘肯定是已经被水怪控制了。他对他的80,000只猴子臣民说:"这个池塘已经被水怪控制了。所以你们任何一个都不准进到水里去。"

After a little while, the water demon saw that none of the monkeys went into the water to drink. So he rose out of the middle of the pond, taking the shape of a frightening monster. He had a big blue belly, a white face with bulging green eyes, and red claws and feet. He said,"Why are you just sitting around? Come into the pond and drink at once!"
    过了一会,水怪看到没有一个猴子过来喝水,于是变做一个外形很恐怖的妖怪从池塘的中间露出水面.这个妖怪长着一个巨大的蓝色的肚子,白色的脸上是一双凸出的绿色的眼镜,他还长着红色的前爪喝脚。这个妖怪对猴子们说:"为甚么你们都只坐在附近呢?到池塘里来吧,尽情的喝个够吧。"

The monkey king said to the horrible monster, "Are you the water demon who owns this pond?" "Yes, I am,"said he. "Do you eat whoever goes into the water?" askedthe king. "Yes, I do," he answered, "including even birds.I eat them all. And when you are forced by your thirst to come into the pond and drink, I will enjoy eating you, the biggest monkey, most of all!" He grinned, and saliva dripped down his hairy chin.
  猴子国王问这个可怕的妖怪:"你就是统治这个池塘的水妖?"妖怪回答:"是的,我就是阿。""无论是谁,只要走进了池塘,你就会吃掉他吗?" 国王又问。 “ 是的,"妖怪回答,"甚止包括那些小鸟们,我都把他们吃光了。当你因为口渴而不得不过来喝水的时候,我也会吃掉你的,你这个最大的猴子,我要吃光你们全部!"他张口大笑,口水顺着他多毛的下巴往下流。

But the monkey king with the well trained mind remained calm. He said, "I will not let you eat me or a single one of my followers. And yet, we will drink all the water we want!" The water demon grunted, "Impossible! How will you do that?" The monkey king replied, "Each one of the 80,000 of us will drink using bamboo shoots as straws. And you will not be able to touch us!"
    但是国王受过良好训练的大脑依然保持着冷静。他说:"我不会让你吃掉我或是我的任何一个臣民。可是,我们依然能喝到所有我们需要的水!" 水怪轻蔑的哼道,"不可能!你怎么可能喝到水?"猴子国王回答:"我们8万只猴子的每一个都将象用麦杆喝水一样用竹子从池塘中吸水。你永远也别想碰到我们!"

Of course, anyone who has seen bamboo knows there is a difficulty. Bamboo grows in sections, one after another, with a knot between each one. Any one sectionis too small, so the demon could grab the monkey, pull him under and gobble him up. But the knots make it impossible to sip through more than one section.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览
任何一节都又是很短的,所以妖怪可以很轻易的抓住猴子,把他拖到水里,然后吃掉他。但是这些节点又使得猴子们不可能用2节以上的竹子来吸水。

The monkey king was very special, and that is why so many followed him. In the past, he had practiced goodness and trained his mind with such effort and attention, that he had developed very fine qualities of mind. This is why he was said to be 'large in mind', not because he simply had a 'big brain'.
    猴子国王毕竟是与众不同的,这也是他为甚么会有这么多追随者的原因。在过去,通过神的教导和他自己努力的,用心的训练,他拥有了一颗非常聪明的脑袋.这就是他为甚么被称为头脑发达的原因。这可不是因为他真的是有一个简单的“ 大"脑。

The Enlightenment Being was able to keep these fine qualities in his mind, and produce a very unlikely event --a miracle. First, he took a young bamboo shoot, blew through it to make the knots disappear, and used it to sip water from the pond. Then, amazing as it may sound, he waved his hand and all the bamboo growing around that one pond lost their knots. They became a new kind of bamboo.
    这些启迪使的国王的保持着一颗睿智的头脑,并且能创造出奇迹将不可能的事情变成可能。首先,他取来一根嫩竹笋,打通了所有的竹節,接着他又用它从池塘里吸水。然后,不可思议的事情发生了,国王挥了揮他的手,长在那个池塘周围的竹子全都失去了竹节.这些竹子变成了一种新的品种.

Then, all his 80,000 followers picked bamboo shoots and easily drank their fill from the pond. The water demon could not believe his green eyes. Grumbling to himself, he slid back under the surface, leaving only gurgling bubbles behind.
    然后,80,000只猴子摘下这些竹笋,很轻易的就从池塘中饮取了他们需要的充足的水分。水怪瞪大了它绿色的眼睛,不敢置信的看着眼前的一切。它满腹怨言的喃喃抱怨着,缓缓的消失在水面下,只留下了一堆汩汩做响的泡沫。

The moral is: "Test the water before jumping in."
  这个故事告诉我们:做事情应三思而后行。

评分人数

• tingroom

dfdfdfd

当然,任何见过竹子的人都知道这是困难的,竹子是一节节生长的,前一节与后一节之间都有一个竹節。

评分人数

• 星期一

当然,见过竹子的人都知道这是困难的。竹子是一节一节生长的,而且每节之间有隔断。

评分人数

• 星期一

Test the water before jumping in

当然,见过竹子的人都知道这是困难的。竹子是一节一节生长的,而且每节之间有隔断。

评分人数

• 星期一

Of course, anyone who has seen bamboo knows there is a difficulty. Bamboo grows in sections, one after another, with a knot between each one.
当然,任何看过竹子的人都知道有一个难点,竹子长成节状,一节连着一节,之间还有节瘤

评分人数

• 星期一

回复 1# 星期一

简单

perfect

当然,任何见过竹子的人都知道这很难.竹子是一节一节的,每节之间有结.

三思而后行

返回列表