听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 休闲乐园 » 尖叫2 The Scream the charpter three
返回列表 发帖

尖叫2 The Scream the charpter three

Mary had been unsympathetic even then. "Did you hear about the man who travelled to Paris by train because he was afraid of flying?" she had whispered as they climbed the steps into the aeroplane. Anna shook her head, and turned away unwilling to hear the end. She dawdled up the aisle, forcing her mother and Mary to take the seats nearest the window, so she wouldn't be trapped at the end of the row against the wall. No sooner had Anna sat down, Mary was leaning over her, grinning wickedly.
     即使在那种时刻,Mary也没有一点同情心。“你听说过那个故事么?有个人害怕坐飞机,于是就坐火车去巴黎。”她一边爬楼梯一边在Anna耳边低声说。Anna摇摇头,扭开脸不想再听下去。她慢悠悠地晃进了机内过道,推着妈妈和Mary坐到最靠窗的位子,这样她就不会陷在座位的里排去对着墙了。Anna刚坐下,Mary就俯了过去,满脸的坏笑。
     "His train crashed," she told her. "A plane fell on it."
     “他的火车遇难了。”Mary对Anna继续说。“一辆飞机砸在了上面。”
     Mary trod heavily on Anna's foot to get her attention. "You have to go on it. You have to take me on it."
     Mary使劲在Anna的脚上踩了一下以引起她注意。“你必须上去玩,你必须带我上去玩。”
     Anna looked at Mum for support, but she was too eager to avoid an argument with Mary in front of all the people.
     Anna望向妈妈,想寻求帮助,可是她看起来只想极力避免在这么多人面前和Mary争吵。
     "I'll buy you both an ice cream," she said, imploringly.
     “我给你们每人买一个冰淇淋吧。”她试探性地问道。
     Anna felt mean refusing to help her mother, but the fear of the roller coaster far surpassed her sense of duty. She watched Mary flicking impatiently through the pages of the park guide to find 'The Scream!' and found herself resenting the way Mary always got what she wanted.
     Anna觉得不应该拒绝妈妈,可是对于过山车的恐惧超越了她的责任感。她看着Mary不耐烦地一页页翻着公园指示牌在找'The Scream!',发现自己对于Mary总是这样随心所欲十分的反感。
     "There is no way I am going on that roller coaster," Anna said in what she hoped was a firm voice. In the distance she could hear the screams of the people in the shiny cars, as they circled the roller coaster course. "Mary can go on her own."
     “我是绝对不会去坐过山车的,”Anna说,语气与自己期望的一样坚定。远处,过山车飞驰过环形轨道时候人们的尖叫声阵阵传来。“Mary可以自己去。”
     Mary stared slyly at her sister, narrowing her eyes and turning the corners of her mouth into a half-smile. "You're not scared are you Anna? You're scared of everything."
     Mary 神秘兮兮地盯着她姐姐,眯起眼睛,嘴角扬起了一个半笑不笑的弧线。“你不会害怕吧,Anna?你什么都怕!”
     "Don't be silly Mary," her mother began in Anna's defence. "Of course she's scared. Any person in their right mind would be. But it's only a ride, Anna. Surely you can make it onto a ride without feeling ill for once, you're always afraid of things like that, it's getting ridiculous ..."
      “别瞎说了,Mary,”妈妈开始帮Anna说话。“她会害怕是正常的。正常情况下人都会害怕。但是Anna,不过是坐个车罢了啊。就坐一次车,不会晕的,你总是怕晕,都有点好笑了...。”
     I am ridiculous, Anna thought. I can get on the ride, but I'm not sure I'll get off it again. I could be going round the track forever, and never get off. How horrible.
     我是很好笑,Anna想。我可以去坐过山车,但是我就不知道能不能再下来了。我会永远在那个轨道上转啊转,永远也下不来了,太可怕了。
     "... and I know Mary's older now, but if you go too Anna she'll be safe--"
     “...我知道Mary现在已经不小了,可是Anna,如果你和她一起去,她会更安全点...”

unsympathetic:没有同情心
surpasse:超越,越过
resent:讨厌,厌恶
ridiculous:荒谬的,可笑的

Do you think Anna is going to get on the roller coaster or not?

是你把中式英语带到办公室了么?(二)

英语的口语面貌十分重要,它基本上反映了一个人的英文素养。如果在外资企业工作,办公室中的英文交流必不可少,虽然说不可能保证不犯任何语法错误,但是一些蹩脚的Chinglish(中式英语)会更加让形象大打折扣,所以一定要加以注意。
同事新买的名牌手机丢了,你安慰一下,要“太遗憾了”的意思:
Chinglish: It’s a pity/.
English:    That’s too bad/ It’s a shame.
(其实 It’s a pity 曾经也不是Chinglish,但是太多人都这么认为,而且它又太过古旧,还是避免使用吧。)
办公室里聊天,难免阐述个人观点,谈及你很喜欢某事物,千万注意:
Chinglish:I very like….
English: I like… very much.

maybe we can say "what a pity!" right?

返回列表