听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语美文】 » 每日英语美文:香港大学新生入学
返回列表 发帖

每日英语美文:香港大学新生入学

本帖最后由 ipchy 于 2010-10-24 19:22 编辑

Welcome New Students 2010 of HKU

香港大学 2010新生

Dear freshmen, each of you had worked hard to secure a place in this first and foremost university.Taking a seat in Loke Yew Hall(陆佑堂). Inauguration Ceremony is obviously a very exciting thing. We believe that university education is a total learning experience. I hope and I believe you will feel good about choosing HKU as your university at the end.

----Professor Lap-Chee Tsui

I hope that every one of you will find out how rewarding it can be to use some of your own time, creativity, energy and talent to help people.

----Mr. Choi Sau  Yuk

What was my college experience in a foreign country?
My answer is fun, fun, and fun, nothing about studying, it just fun.

----Professor Roland Chin

The five matters in a university refer to in Chinese are 读书(studies), 上(student society),住( hall),拍拖 (dating) and part time (job).

----Mr.Vincenl Fok

As I looked down upon your eager faces here, I can sense a joy that is stirring inside you, excitement, anticipation, as you look forward to the opening of the school.

----Dr.Thomas Chan, JP

We would like to help your learning, developmentand you choose your experience here, we provide you with shelter when you need it.

----Dr.Albert Chau

Its a time-honoured tradition of the university that at formal occations and ceremonies our undergraduates should be robed in their academic gowns, their gowns of green. (You may now put on your green gown.)

It will be up to you to define your life at HKU. Don
t be a blind follower!

Get out of the classroom, get out of campus. Go travel! Have fun in the city, have fun in Asia.
          Skip class if you have to!

大家有兴趣的话可以看下源视频

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjEyNTgzNzc2.html

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

返回列表