听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 休闲乐园 » 尖叫4 The Scream charpter four
返回列表 发帖

尖叫4 The Scream charpter four

"Okay," Anna said. "I'll take Mary on. I'll do it." Mary put her tongue back in her mouth, and smiled like a cat with a helpless mouse caught in its paws. Despite the heat and the beads of sweat trickling down her neck, Anna began to walk briskly in the direction the yellow arrow indicated, not waiting for Mary.
     “好,”Anna说,“我带Mary去,我去。”Mary把舌头缩了回去,笑了起来,像一只玩弄无助老鼠的猫。Anna不顾酷热和顺着脖子留下的汗珠,也没有等Mary,自己大步朝黄色箭头指示的方向走了过去。
     "Anna!" her mother called. She slowed, but did not turn.
     “Anna!”她妈妈叫了她一声。她慢了下来,但是并没回头。
     "Yes?" her voice coming out as a squeak.
     “嗯?”,她声音小得像蚊子哼哼。
     "What would you like, dear?"
     “你想要什么,亲爱的?”
     At first she did not understand. She'd completely forgotten what she'd been promised for doing the terrible deed, and now she remembered, she felt too guilty to accept it. She hesitated.
     一开始,她根本没明白过来。她已经完全忘记了自己承诺去做那件可怕的事情,可是现在她记起来了。她觉得有点内疚去接受冰淇淋。她犹豫了一下。
     "Anna? Your ice cream?"
     “Anna?你要什么冰淇淋?”
     "Whatever," she replied, and continued down the path with Mary half running at her side.
     “随便吧,”她答道,然后继续沿着小路走下去,Mary半跑地跟在她身边。

Anna stood behind Mary at the end of the long queue which ran backwards and forwards between the horizontal metal bars.
     长队在平行的金属栏中间前后蠕动着,在队伍的尾部,Anna站在Mary身后。
     "If you think I'm going to go all the way up there and get on that stupid, stupid roller coaster just to please you, because you say I should, then you've got a big shock coming Mary."
     “如果你觉得我会因为你说我应该去,我就会为了让你高兴而和你一起上去坐那个超级白痴的过山车,那你可要非常失望了!Mary。”
     "Mum said you had to," was all Mary said. "You promised."
     “妈妈说你要陪我去的,”Mary只是说,“你保证过。”
     "I did not!" Anna cried. "I didn't promise."
     “我没有,”Anna 喊了起来,“我没有保证过。”
     "You lied," Mary said, nastily. "That's worse."
     “你撒谎了,”Mary淘气地说,“那样更不好!”
     Anna pulled herself up to sit on one of the bars, above the crush of people. "Look," she said. "I'll stay here and watch you while you're queuing, and make sure you're all right. When you get on the ride I'll go round to the exit and wait for you to come out. Okay?"
     Anna跳坐到一个栏杆上,俯视着人群。“听着,”她说,“我就在这里待着,看着你排队,保证你没事。等你上了过山车,我就绕到出口去等你出来。明白了吗?”
     "I suppose so," Mary answered, seeming to accept this compromise more easily than Anna had expected. They remained in the queue for a further half an hour. Anna thought she could not bear being unable to move amongst so many people for very much longer. She could feel the sun tan lotion wearing off her shoulders every minute that ticked past as the hot rays continued to beat down on them. At last the entrance for the roller coaster came into view, a large archway that appeared dark inside with steep stone steps leading upwards.
     “可以啊。”Mary回答,似乎很容易就接受了这个妥协,远比Anna想象的容易得多。她们又排了半个小时的队。Anna觉得自己受不了这样被夹在人群中了,她几乎可以感觉到身上擦的防晒乳液每分钟都在被汗水冲刷掉,而炎热的太阳光线还是继续投射下来。终于可以看见过山车的入口了,一个大拱门,里面很暗,有个很陡的石头阶梯通向高处。
     The two girls climbed the steps into an enormous black room, lit only by six red lamps and a green exit sign. A stretch of empty track traversed the room, escaping out of it through two equally black tunnels, with several numbered gates opening out onto the track. A piercing white light from one of the tunnels preceded a deep rumbling noise, warning of the roller coaster's arrival. Like a monstrous beast bursting from its lair, glowing eyes and long twisting tail, Anna could actually feel the ground vibrating under her feet, as the previous circuit of the roller coaster came to a grinding halt in front of them.
     两个女孩爬上阶梯,进到了一个巨大的黑色房间,只有六盏红色的灯和一个绿色的出口标志照明。一段空的轨道贯穿这个房间,向两个同样黑暗的隧道延伸出去,还有几个带有编号的门对着轨道的方向开着。一道光从黑暗的轨道里透了出来,紧接着就是深沉的隆隆声,预示着过山车马上要进站了。就像一个凶猛野兽,闪着光芒四射的眼睛,拖着蜿蜒的长尾巴,破穴而出。当前一班过山车在她们面前嘎然而止的时候,Anna可以真切地感觉到脚下的地面在颤动。
squeak:吱吱
tick:(钟表的)滴答声
lair:野兽的洞穴
vibrate:颤动

that picture is so crazy

I am tingling with excitement.

回复 3# 的帖子

now that you are excited,why not laugh?

Yes! I want to cry !

返回列表