听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 10月31日美丽的神话:The Sirens
返回列表 发帖

10月31日美丽的神话:The Sirens

本帖最后由 魚魚 于 2010-10-31 00:57 编辑

Today,I will tell you a fairy tale~Can you infer the story from the title?If not,please read the story carefully,and then summarize what's the story's main idea,and tell me what are you thinking about when you read the whole story~Don't be shy,just make your imagination fly in your sky~And here is the music I love a lot~

The Sirens    
    Far out in the sea there was an island,on the rocky edge of which lived three Sirens,the three sisters of magic song.Half human and half bird,the Siren sisters sat in a field of flowers,singing in voices that excited the hearts of men.The attractive songs were so sweet that ships were attracted to the island and struck to pieces on the rocks.No sailor nor ship had ever been known to pass the Island of the Sirens without being attracted to  disaster .
   Acting on the advice of Circe,Odysseus took careful preparation against the Sirens.Before their ships came to where they could hear the song,Odysseus had himself tied to the  mast ,stopped the ears of his men with wax and ordered them to ignore his orders and gestures when they were passing the fatal island .                            
    Soon they came in sight of the rocky island,and the attractive song reached the ears of Odysseus.It moved him so much that he struggled in  despair  to free himself and shouted for his men to turn towards the rich and flowery grass land of the singing sisters.But no one paid any attention to him.The sailors kept straight on until they were completely out of hearing.Then his friends freed him and took the wax out of their ears.For once the Sirens had sung with no effects.The eldest of the sisters,Partherope,loved Odysseus so much that she threw herself into the sea after his ships had passed.

Translation:

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

我想看看隐藏的那部分

只有抵制住诱惑才能获得最后的成功?

we should learn how to overcome the temptation.

评分人数

• 魚魚

will study english
~~go go

[img][/img]

The beautiful thing sometines is dangerous......

评分人数

• 魚魚

A man who can refuse temptation is more dangerous......

评分人数

• 魚魚

trouble is a frend.

I can't understand what the story say.....

A lot of people can resist the tempertation ,especilly men ,

评分人数

• 魚魚

Thank you for your music ,so good

回复 12# laguna2007

Thanks~It's to my encouragement~

not bad

go go~~

A lot of people can resist the tempertation ,especilly men ,
laguna2007 发表于 2010-10-31 23:25

verey correct!

I'm amazing about the last of the story, becaue I can't understand the love between  Odysseus and  Partherope

good story!Thx!

english??i like it

trouble is a friend

返回列表