听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 11月4日美丽的故事:Dance With Me
返回列表 发帖

11月4日美丽的故事:Dance With Me

Today,I will tell you a fairy tale~Can you infer the story from the title?If not,please read the story carefully,and then summarize what's the story's main idea,and tell me what are you thinking about when you read the whole story~Don't be shy,just make your imagination fly in your sky~And here is the music I love a lot~

Dance With Me
                                                                  ----By Jean Harper from Chicken Soup for the Mother’s Soul

When we’re young and we dream of love and fulfillment, we think perhaps of moon-drenched Parisian nights or walks along the beach at sunset.
  No one tells us that the greatest moments of a lifetime are fleeting, unplanned and nearly always catch us off guard.
  Not long ago, as I was reading a bedtime story to my seven-year-old daughter, Annie, I became aware of her focused gaze. She was starring at me with a faraway, trancelike expression. Apparently, completing The Tale of Samuel Whiskers was not as important as we first thought.
I asked what she was thinking about.
“Mommy,” she whispered, “I just can’t stop looking at your pretty face.”
I almost dissolved on the spot.
  Little did she know how many trying moments the glow of her sincerely loving statement would carry me through over the following years.
Not long after, I took my four-year-old son to an elegant department store, where the melodic notes of a classic love song drew us toward a tuxedoed musician playing a grand piano. Sam and I sat down on a marble bench nearby, and he seemed as transfixed by the lilting theme as I was.
I didn’t realize that Sam had stood up next to me until he turned, took my face in his little hands and said, “Dance with me.”
  If only those women strolling under the Paris moon knew the joy of such an invitation made by a round-cheeked boy with baby teeth. Although shoppers openly chuckled, grinned and pointed at us as we glided and whirled around the open atrium, I would not have traded a dance with such a charming young gentleman if I’d been offered the universe.
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

I want to see!!

From the title, the story sounds like a romatic story. But after I read it, it's totally different from what I thought at the beginning,  the greatese moments are not moon-drenched Parisian nights and walk along the beach at sunset, some small & sweet moments in reallife are more moved and affecting your life.

评分人数

• 魚魚

so lovely kids.....

very good-looking! But I prefer songs, melody is very good to listen!

回复 5# yangjuemei

Millions of thanks~I like it too~

好美丽的故事呀

that's  life ,oneday ,everyone can got it ,

and what?

what a charming young gentleman

It made me to recall my girlfriend ……

"I just can't stop looking at your pretty face",how lovely a girl!

lovely kids,
"No one tells us that the greatest moments of a lifetime are fleeting, unplanned and nearly always catch us off guard." I think so.
carefree joys of childhood,...  artless innocent young girl

评分人数

• 魚魚

read it again....

I want to see!!

good

read

i just come here and a lot of things i don't get

In our life we are so busy doing things that we ignore the beautiful around us. And this story gives us a chance to retrospect our life.

评分人数

• 魚魚

返回列表