听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 休闲乐园 » 尖叫5 The Scream charpter five
返回列表 发帖

尖叫5 The Scream charpter five

Anna didn't wait for Mary to enter one of the golden cars. Seized by a sudden uncontrollable desire to be out in the open again she raced for the exit, away from the huge metal monster as fast as she could, hearing Mary call after her. "Don't forget to wait for me outside!"
     Anna没有等Mary上车。她忽然感觉特别想逃出去,这种感觉强烈到难以控制。她跑向出口,以最快的速度远离了那个巨大的金属魔鬼。只听见Mary在她身后喊着,“别忘了在外面等我。”
     Anna stood outside beside the exit door, and watched the rows of television screens displaying pictures of the roller coaster ride. There was a hidden camera at the highest point of the circuit, just before the final terrible drop, which snapped a photo of the passengers in each car as they realised they were heading down. Photos of the ride before Mary's were currently on the screens. The passengers in car no. 3 were all smiling as they faced the near vertical drop, whereas car no.6 contained only a boy and girl, both frozen with their mouths wide open and eyes wide with fear.
     Anna在外面出口旁一边等一边看着播放过山车运行的一排排电视屏幕。在过山车环形轨道最高点,就在垂直下冲之前的那个地方,有一个隐藏的摄像头,用于抓拍每辆车上乘客们意识到自己头朝下时的反应。前一辆车的照片正在屏幕上播放。3号车上的乘客在下冲的前一刻脸上都洋溢着微笑;而6号车里只有一个男孩和一个女孩,两个人都定格在那惊恐的目瞪口呆瞬间。
     Minutes passed. The screens flickered, and the pictures changed. Four men in a car, one with his eyes screwed tightly shut, gripping the back of the seat in front with his hands. A family of four, the children - both boys - waving at the camera. The screen at the far end showed a crowded car, with groups of people who did not appear to know each other. Then came a man and a woman with a car all to themselves. Two cars had a mixture of children in, numbers 1 and 2. Anna peered closely at the frames, but couldn't see Mary on any of the screens.
     几分钟过去了。屏幕闪动了几下,图片变了。一辆车上,四个男人,其中一个双眼紧闭,双手紧紧抓住前面的椅背。一家四口,孩子们-两个男孩-正在对着镜头挥手。屏幕的一角,出现一辆稍显拥挤的车,车上的人似乎彼此并不认识。接下来是一个男人和一个女人独坐一辆车。1号和2号车上坐着一些小孩子。Anna一直紧紧盯着屏幕,但是她却并没看到Mary出现在任何一个屏幕上。
     Someone tapped her on the shoulder, and made her spin round in fright. Mary stood there in her denim shorts and red t-shirt, face looking pink and flushed, frown line indentations etched on her forehead.
     有人在她的肩膀上拍了一下,Anna吃惊地转过身。是Mary,牛仔短裤,红色T恤,脸蛋红红的,眉头紧锁。
     "Mary! Don't do that!" Anna said crossly.
     “Mary!别闹!”Anna生气地说。
     "I've lost it." Mary said despondently, avoiding her eyes.
     “我把它弄丢了。”Mary沮丧地说,不敢与Anna对视。
     "Did you enjoy the ride?" Anna asked, not listening to her.
     “好玩么?”Anna问道,也,没听她说什么。
     "Yes, I did. It was good," Mary replied flatly. "But Anna ... Anna I've lost the bag."
     “嗯,很好玩。”Mary轻描淡写的说。“Anna.....Anna,我把背包丢了。”
     It took a moment to sink in. She stared at Mary's face, and the glistening tears beginning to form in the corners of her eyes. She looked down at Mary's shoulder where the tiny rucksack had hung for most of the day, and at her hands, balled up into little fists.
     Anna好久才反映过来。她盯着Mary的脸,眼角渐渐泛起了泪光。她低下头看Mary的肩膀,那个她背了几乎一天的小小背包本来应该就在那里;又看了看她的手,两个小拳头紧紧地握着。

snap:抓拍
peer:盯着
despondently:沮丧地
glistening:闪光的

What do you think is Anna going to do next?
是你把中式英语带到办公室了么?(四)

英语的口语面貌十分重要,它基本上反映了一个人的英文素养。如果在外资企业工作,办公室中的英文交流必不可少,虽然说不可能保证不犯任何语法错误,但是一些蹩脚的Chinglish(中式英语)会更加让形象大打折扣,所以一定要加以注意。
放长假了,大家都互相祝福有个美好的假期:
Chinglish:Wish you have a nice holiday.
和上个例子相同,都是汉语的对译,显然不地道
English: I wish you a nice holiday.
正在找不到楼梯间出口的时候,碰到了外籍同事,赶紧上前问道:
Chinglish:Excuse me,could you tell me where is the way out?
我很奇怪为什么会有人用way out 来表示“出口”,要知道它在口语中的含义是crazy啊!这望文生义还真是害人不浅啊。  
English:Excuse me,could you tell me where is the exit?
同样的,“入口”的表达也不是way in,而是entrance。

返回列表