听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 休闲乐园 » 尖叫8(结局) The Scream charpter eight (final)
返回列表 发帖

尖叫8(结局) The Scream charpter eight (final)

Mary and her mother were standing beside the doorway as she came out, smiling at her.
     她出来时,Mary和妈妈就在过道旁边站着,对着她微笑。

"Enjoy the ride Anna?" Mum asked, genuinely interested. "Mary told me you decided to try it on your own."
     “Anna,玩得开心吗?”妈妈出于好奇地问,“Mary告诉我说你决定要自己试一试。”

Puzzled, Anna looked at Mary, calmly licking the surface of an orange ice lolly. Mary stared solidly back at her, no trace of any emotion on her features. Anna's eyes settled on the brown leather rucksack slung over her sister's shoulder, almost as if it had never moved from its current position.
     Anna很困惑地看着Mary,Mary很平静地舔着一个香橙味冰棒,很沉静地回望着她,表情中没有任何情绪的流露。Anna的目光落到她妹妹肩上的那个棕色背包,似乎它从来没有离开过那里。

"Mary?" Anna said, disbelieving.
     “Mary?”Anna难以置信地叫了一声。

"I'm sorry I changed my mind about going on the roller coaster," Mary told her, green eyes wide and innocent. "It was just too scary after all."
    “我很抱歉,我临时改变了主意,不想去坐那个过山车了,”Mary对她说,闪着绿色的大眼睛,很是无辜的样子。“毕竟它还是有点太吓人了。”
     Anna felt the ground rushing up to meet her. The combination of Mary's grinning face, the swirling colours of the theme park, and the painful heat of the sun was too much.
    Anna觉得地面向上冲来。Mary的笑脸、主题公园的色彩缤纷、令人痛苦的太阳光线,一切都令人厌倦。
        "I bought you the picture," Mum said somewhere in the distance, thrusting a glossy photo in a cardboard frame before her face. "It'll remind you of the holiday when we go home tonight ..."
     “我给你买了相片,”妈妈在不远处说道,在她面前晃着一个镶入厚纸板镜框的闪闪发光的照片。“今晚我们回家后,你看到它就会想起这个假期。”

Her legs gave way from under her, and she couldn't stop herself falling. Down again. Would she ever stop falling? The world went black as her eyelids folded closed.
     她的腿失去了控制,她不由自主地跌了下去。又落下去了。她能不能不要再跌落了?她闭上了眼睛,世界一片黑暗。

"You don't half look frightened in the picture, Anna," commented Mum. "Anna?" She stared down at the floor. "Anna?"
     “Anna,照片上看起来你一点都不害怕,”她妈妈评价道,“Anna?”她盯着地上的Anna,“Anna?”

The End

genuinely:真诚地,单纯地
thrust:推,插
give way:失去控制
What did you learn from this story?

是你把中式英语带到办公室了么?

如果在办公室里谈及农民朋友,可要注意用词:
Some Chinese say:peasant
这个词在外国人眼里看来有瞧不起农民的意思
Native English-speakers say:farmer
国外的农民多在农场工作,所以这个词更容易被他们接收。