当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 职场英语 » 天天商务英语学习(中高级)2007-8-6 MP3下载
返回列表 发帖

天天商务英语学习(中高级)2007-8-6 MP3下载

天天商务词汇
be set in one's ways (expression) 积习难改

解释

to like to do things a certain way; to be inflexible

例句

He's very set in his ways, so I don't think he'll change the system just because you don't like it

天天商务报道
A business plan made in jail
监狱里产生的商业计划

An ex-con in Italy hatched a smart business plan while he did time and turned it into a $250,000 a year business selling T-shirts and other goods under the Made in Jail label. Megan Williams has the story.

TEXT OF STORY
Doug Krizner: Prisoners worldwide are a silent source of cheap labor. In Italy, though, some entrepreneurial ex-cons are loudly producing their own goods and proudly marketing them as Made in Jail. The Made in Jail label makes things from logo T-shirts to handbags. They are sold through shops in downtown Rome and at roadside restaurants across the country. We sent Megan Williams to the Rebibbia prison in Rome for a look at what inmates learn on the inside, and how it makes for good business on the outside.
Stacey Vanek-Smith: Inside one of Italy's toughest prisons isn't where you'd expect to find a bustling workshop churning out T-shirts with tongue-in-cheek lines like "I'm too sexy to have to work."
But for the past two decades, the small silk-screening studio has served as the creative heart of the Made in Jail co-op. It's a $250,000 a year business that sells its logo'd products throughout Italy.
Silvio Palermo first came up with the concept of selling the T-shirts while he did time here back in the '80s. Some people have reacted negatively because they're making a profit, but the group's also doing this to raise awareness of prison life, like the challenges after being released.
Silvio Palermo: [translator] Sure we hear scornful comments, but it doesn't matter. It's important for us to assert the fact that of course we're ex-cons, but we're working legally now.
Three times a week, Palermo works with a small group of inmates, mostly in for drug charges. Together they come up with new slogans or clever graphics, like an exit sign with directions on how to jump over a wall.
Palermo holds up a T-shirt with one of the more risqu?? sayings the men came up with: "It's been a while since I've done it, so please give me a hand."
Sandro is finishing up a sentence for drugs and burglary. He says he likes the creativity of the work and the chance to laugh.
Palermo [translator]: It's hard to find things to laugh about in here. So with this work, at least a small part of the day is involved in coming up with funny wordplay.
Sandro says he plans to join the 30 or so ex-cons who help run Made in Jail when he gets out in a few months. They're going to need him - the co-op just got a 10,000 T-shirt order from Autogrill, Italy's biggest national roadside restaurant chain.
附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

请问版主的听力资料是从哪个找的?
如方便,这么好的材料最好每天能多发些,谢谢! 

this resource is unique and valuable and i really appreciate what you've doen so far

i couldn't thank you more

这些资料都很有用,希望以后多发!thanks!

Thanks !

thank u

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!  I JUST NEED SOMETHING ABOUT ENGLISH LEARNING.

返回列表