听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 环球英语 » 【叹世界!】帽子说:战争太残酷。。。
返回列表 发帖

【叹世界!】帽子说:战争太残酷。。。

本帖最后由 evaxiaofan 于 2010-11-30 13:38 编辑

A Request
Warriors are paid to fight -- but that doesn't mean that they always have to be happy about it, or that the fight is the only thing on their minds. One way for otherwise voiceless troops to express their feelings about the often-bloody task at hand is to literally write it out -- on their helmets.

Above: Lyrics from a Misfits song, "Mommy, Can I Go Out and Kill Tonight?" decorate the helmet of Marine Cpl. Jonathan Eckert of Oak Lawn, IL, on patrol, October 2010, in Kajaki, Afghanistan.

'GOD'
'GOD' is written on the helmet of US marine Cpl Bryan Shuller (22) from Florida on the northeastern outskirts of Marjah, Afghanistan, February 2010.

'I am the Law'
A phrase reading in Arabic, "I am the law," is written on the helmet of a U.S. soldier as he secures the site of a car bomb explosion that killed six Iraqis and one U.S. soldier, May 2004, Baghdad.

Peace
U.S. Marine Sergeant Marcuz Pouncey from Troy, Alabama, wears a "Peace Not War"sign on his helmet while guarding an entrance gate March 21, 2003 in Camp Fox, Kuwait. When asked why he wears the sign Pouncey asked, "Who wants war?"

'Death Shall Befall ...'
A U.S. soldier is seen with an inscription on his helmet calling for vengeance in the former insurgent stronghold of Fallujah, west of Baghdad, December 2004.

'Busting ...'
A U.S. Black Hawk helicopter heavy machine gun operator prepares for take-off from the Arghandab Base in Kandahar, Afghanistan, August 2010.

'Soul Assassin'
An Israeli soldier has the words "soul assassins" written on his helmet as he and a border policeman take aim March 27, 2001 at Palestinian stone-throwers during unrest in Hebron's market in the West Bank. The clashes broke out after the town was placed under curfew following the shooting death of a 10-month-old Jewish baby, Shalhevet Pass, by a Palestinian sniper outside her settlement home in the heart of Hebron.

'I Will Strike Down ...'
Fallujah, December 2004.

'Days at War'
A U.S. Marine keeps count of his number of days in Iraq on his helmet as he guards local villagers April 7, 2003, in Qal'at Sukkar, Iraq.
附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

评分人数

• davy10

本帖最后由 evaxiaofan 于 2010-11-25 22:24 编辑

I Heart Texas
A flight deck crew member aboard the USS Harry S. Truman.

Romanian Revolution
A young soldier in Palace Square, later renamed Revolution Square, in Bucharest during the Romanian Revolution, December 1989. The word "Libertate" or "Freedom" is scribbled on his helmet.

Osama bin Laden in the Sights

'My Name Is ...'
U.S. Army Private Garret Graham of Brunswick, GA, displays his helmet outside the Diyalya Provincial government building in Baqubah, northwest of Baghdad. He had his name written in Arabic on his helmet so Iraqi children that ask him will be able to read it.

Martin
A U.S. Marine helmet inside a chapel during a Protestant mass, March 2003, Kuwait.

'Born to Kill'An Israeli soldier with "Born to Kill" written on his helmet prepares to fire rubber bullets at stone throwers, November 2000.

'Big Dog'
Safety Master Chief Petty Officer observes an aircraft handler directing a plane toward a catapult, October 16, 2001, aboard the aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson.

'Bobby'
A young Filipino boy, who was a quasi-mascot traveling with American soldiers during the fight to regain the Philippines in WWII, wears cut-down GI clothing and a helmet labeled "Bobby."
附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

none like war ,the world  need peace!

回复 3# davy10

That's quite true, but in fact sometimes we have to resort to this cruel way to solve the problem~~

no way ,no peace

I wish the world can have peace whenever and wherever.I hope our soldier don't need to lose blood during the war.

回复 6# xiaomeixin

i pray that your wish will eventually come true!

回复 5# zhangyu456

是“no war,no peace"吗?

回复 8# evaxiaofan

不是我太野蛮,而是现实是这样的。那国家为什么要花那么多钱在部队上?

回复 7# davy10

Yes,I hope it can come true too.

回复 9# zhangyu456

恩,和平也是战争换来的嘛 ~~

本帖最后由 evaxiaofan 于 2010-12-3 11:41 编辑

回复 12# for

your applause is for me ,or for war???

回复 13# evaxiaofan