当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 职场英语 » 天天商务英语学习(中高级)2007-8-16
返回列表 发帖

天天商务英语学习(中高级)2007-8-16

天天商务词汇
carbon-neutral (adjective) 碳中和

解释

not adding to the total amount of carbon dioxide produced

例句

In an attempt to become carbon-neutral, some people plant a tree every time they travel by plane.

天天商务报道
Nokia hot to make a battery recall
诺基亚电池召回火热进行中

In what will likely be a very costly recall, Nokia is offering to replace 46 million cell phone batteries because of cases of overheating. Lisa Napoli reports.
TEXT OF STORY
Doug Krizner: Nokia has begun the biggest voluntary consumer-electronics recall. It's offering to replace 46 million cell phone batteries because of cases of overheating. Lisa Napoli looks at what it'll cost the cell phone giant.
Lisa Napoli: The batteries in question are used in over 30 different cell phone models.
Analyst Avi Greengart of Current Analysis says that'll probably cost Nokia:
Avi Greengart: My guess would be in the tens of millions of dollars.
By comparison, that laptop battery recall last year by Sony cost the company around 418 million bucks.
Greengart says Nokia isn't likely to have to eat these recall costs. He says Matsushita, the maker of the batteries, will. All these incidents point out how testy battery technology can be.
Greengart: It's complicated and delicate. You know, we want to be able to use our phones in the sweltering heat in Manhattan and we want to use them in the freezing cold in Chicago in mid-winter.
Greengart says safety concerns over batteries is why Toyota last week decided to slow down its plans for plug-in hybrids.
附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

i cannot thank you more!

i'll download them all

返回列表