当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 职场英语 » 天天商务英语学习(中高级)2007-8-20
返回列表 发帖

天天商务英语学习(中高级)2007-8-20

天天商务词汇
be committed to doing sth. (expression) 致力于做某事情

解释

to feel a strong sense of responsibility or obligation to do something

例句

Our staff are committed to providing every hotel guest with the best possible service.

天天商务报道
Hello...Skype? Anyone there?
Hello...Skype?有人在吗?

Online phone provider Skype is still working on its network this morning after a software crash yesterday left some 220 million users without service. Critics say the incident highlights a glaring flaw, Stephen Beard reports.
TEXT OF STORY
Doug Krizner: Skype, the online telephone service, crashed yesterday. Millions were incommunicado and some problems continue today, but the company doesn't fully understand what happened. From London, Stephen Beard reports.
Stephen Beard: Many of Skype's 220 million users were left floundering yesterday after a worldwide network failure.
The service, which allows users to call each other for free over their computers, was down for much of the day. There are still some problems logging on this morning.
The company says a flaw in software linking users to servers is most likely to blame, but Skype doesn't understand precisely why this flaw caused the whole network to crash.
Technology writer Barry Fox believes there may have been a virus attack. He says the incident underlines the fundamental flaw in Skype.
Barry Fox: Any service that relies on computers around the world which are in homes and not under the control of the organizing company has a weakness.
While Skype describes itself as highly reliable, it does point out it is not a replacement for a conventional telephone service and should not be relied on in emergencies.
附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

hey i am guessing you are a grand beauty and thank you very for the resource you presented here and do it right and on and on  by the way i am really fancy what you have done so far

i'm crazy about it

返回列表