听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 阅读提高 » 《每天一起练口语》的中译注解内的错误
返回列表 发帖

《每天一起练口语》的中译注解内的错误

(This is a condensed version of the 每天一起练口语的中译注解内的错误 at http://www.rainlane.com/dispbbs.asp?boardid=11&id=21413 and will deal only with the translation errors in the first 30 chapters of that "book" or "teaching material", or whaterever it is.)
*Note: You can find this set of "口语" on many BBSes. It starts with 天天一起练口语. 1。寒暄。
============================

Tell me, is it a boy? 喂,你是男孩吗?-->更正: Obviously, this is a question about if someone is a boy or a girl. The most likely scenario is: “Hey George, my wife has just given birth.”” Tell me, is it a boy?”

He swept her off her feet. (俗语)他对她可着迷了。-->更正: Just the opposite-->她被他迷住了He is the one who swept her off her feet, and not the other way around.

So I made a mistake, big deal! 我真是错得离谱了。-->更正:  No. “big deal” does not mean 真是错得离谱了. “big deal” is an act of defiance. =“So I made a mistake, “what’s the big deal/no big deal!”)

呜呜,我无意要杀死你。对不起,小鸟。-->更正:  “it” and “birdie” are two different entities. “I” is talking(apologizing) to ‘birdie” about having killed “it.”

Have a little wine, punk. 小伙子,喝一点酒吧。(可以缓解一下精神紧张)-->更正: punk is not 小伙子. You just don’t call any 小伙子 a punk! 小阿飞 is closer. (You can get yourself into trouble if you approach someone in a bar and call him a punk!)

I wonder if it's a real diamond. 它可是地道的钻石呀。--> 更正: “I wonder”=I doubt-->我怀疑这是否真的钻石呀。

I'm afraid the pollution will kill us all. 公害可能把我们都逼死。Pollution is not 公害-->更正: 污染
  I've realized that we should stop the pollution. 我明白必须阻止公害的原因了 Pollution is not 公害-->污染

I got a beautiful new vanity set so that I can put on my make-up better. 我买了一套新的化妆品,能够更巧妙地化妆了。更正:-->
Vanity set is not 化妆品. It is 化妆台  If this image does not show up. Go to google image and look up vanity set.

He's a dumb guy. 他是位沉默的老兄。--> 更正: NO!  Dumb means stupid.
每天一起练口语(26)----年轻朋友的表达
26. Oh, Young Friends!

Hmm, I'm stoned. 哼,我是个老古板。-->更正: ”stoned”: slang for intoxicated. (by alcohol or drugs)
  Look, he's high. 瞧,他是个高傲的家伙。-->更正: ”high”, slang for euphoric experience under intoxication by alcohol, drugs or other stimulation.

I used to be a pilot. Now, I'm a parachutist. 我曾经做过飞行员,如今是伞兵了。-->更正: 伞兵 Paratrooper ; 跳伞员 parachutist.
=========================================
The above is a selection from the correction of chapters 1 to 30 of the many chaptersChinese annotations that accompany the sentences in 《每天一起练口语》. There are many more listed at:  http://www.rainlane.com/dispbbs.asp?boardid=11&id=21413. I also plan on finding more of the chapters in the series and going over them one by one in some distance future.

返回列表