听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 12月1日故事:The Tomato Story
返回列表 发帖

12月1日故事:The Tomato Story

本帖最后由 youxiaxiaolala 于 2010-12-1 09:09 编辑

please read the story carefully,and summarize what's the story's main idea,and tell me what are you thinking about when you read the whole story~Don't be shy,just make your imagination fly in your sky!

The Tomato Story

A Jobless man applied for the position of 'office boy' at Microsoft. The HR manager interviewed him then watched him cleaning the floor as a test.

You are employed' he said.
Give me your e-mail address and I'll send you the application to fill in, as well as date when
you may start.

The man replied 'But I don't have a computer, neither an email'.

'I'm sorry', said the HR manager. If you don't have an email, that means you do not exist. And who doesn't exist, cannot have the job.'

The man left with no hope at all. He didn't know what to do, with only in his pocket. He then decided to go to the supermarket and buy a 10Kg tomato crate.

He then sold the tomatoes in a door to door round. In less than two hours, he succeeded to double his capital. He repeated the operation three times, and returned home with.

The man realized that he can survive by this way, and started to go everyday earlier, and return late. Thus, his money doubled or tripled everyday.

Shortly, he bought a cart, then a truck, and then he had his own fleet of delivery vehicles.

5 years later, the man is one of the biggest food retailers in the US.

He started to plan his family's future, and decided to have a life insurance.

He called an insurance broker, and chose a protection plan.

When the conversation was concluded the broker asked him his email.

The man replied, 'I don't have an email.'

The broker answered curiously, 'You don't have an email, and yet have succeeded to build an empire. Can you imagine what you could have been if you had an e mail?!!' The man thought for a while and replied, 'Yes, I'd be an office boy at Microsoft!'

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

nothing is necessitated   ways are always there

Now E-mail is very common,useful and convenient.But we can not refuse a man with the reason of no E-mails.We can tell him how to get and use E-mail.

A Jobless man applied for the position of 'office boy' at Microsoft. The HR manager interviewed him then watched him cleaning the floor as a test.
一名失业人士申请微软公司办公职员一职,人事经理面试后,要求他打扫地板作为一测试项
You are employed' he said.他说:“你是来应聘的”
Give me your e-mail address and I'll send you the application to fill in, as well as date when
you may start.
把你的邮箱地址给我,你哪天能上班时,我会发职位给你的
The man replied 'But I don't have a computer, neither an email'.
那失业的人回答说:“但我没有电脑,也没有邮箱”
'I'm sorry', said the HR manager. If you don't have an email, that means you do not exist. And who doesn't exist, cannot have the job.'
“对不起”人事经理接着说:“如果你没有邮箱,意味着你不行,所以你也不能得到这职位”
The man left with no hope at all. He didn't know what to do, with only in his pocket. He then decided to go to the supermarket and buy a 10Kg tomato crate.
那失业的人失望而归,他不知道怎么办才好,带着口袋里仅有的钱,他决定去一家超市买20斤土豆。
He then sold the tomatoes in a door to door round. In less than two hours, he succeeded to double his capital. He repeated the operation three times, and returned home with.
然后四处推销,2小时之内,他资金翻了一倍,他重复着做三次后回家了
The man realized that he can survive by this way, and started to go everyday earlier, and return late. Thus, his money doubled or tripled everyday.
那人想着他能以这种方式谋生,每天起早晚归,这样他每天的钱都翻一翻
Shortly, he bought a cart, then a truck, and then he had his own fleet of delivery vehicles.
短时间内,他买了一个手推车,后面再买一辆货车,最后拥有自己的运输车队
5 years later, the man is one of the biggest food retailers in the US.
5年后,他成了美国最大的零售商之一
He started to plan his family's future, and decided to have a life insurance.
他开始规划他家庭,决定买人生保险
He called an insurance broker, and chose a protection plan.
他叫来一个保险业务人,然后选了一个定单
When the conversation was concluded the broker asked him his email.
当保险业务人问他邮箱地址时,角色转变了
The man replied, 'I don't have an email.'
他回答说:“我没有邮箱”
The broker answered curiously, 'You don't have an email, and yet have succeeded to build an empire. Can you imagine what you could have been if you had an e mail?!!' The man thought for a while and replied, 'Yes, I'd be an office boy at Microsoft!'
那业务人好奇地问:“像你拥有这么大公司的领导都没有邮箱?真难想像如果你有邮箱之后会怎么样”那个想了想说:“是啊,如果有的话我还在微软公司当小职员呢”

返回列表