听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 环球英语 » 【叹世界!】12.1世界艾滋日:来自津巴布韦'smile
返回列表 发帖

【叹世界!】12.1世界艾滋日:来自津巴布韦'smile

本帖最后由 evaxiaofan 于 2010-12-1 10:44 编辑

Boy's Best Friend
The U.K. Government's Department for International Development funds the Elizabeth Glaser Paediatric AIDS Foundation to reduce transmission from pregnant mothers to their babies. The program provides anti-retroviral (ARV) drugs to pregnant, HIV positive women before and after they give birth. Now five years old, Josphat is HIV negative because his mother Patience, who does have HIV, took ARV's while pregnant.

Patience is a Virtue
"When I was pregnant, I took an HIV test and was positive," Patience said. "A counsellor introduced me to a support group of HIV+ mothers who helped understand my illness. I have been blessed with an HIV free son, but my husband passed away. I take care of my family by making candles."

Cliff Notes
Cliff, 15, (in the red jumper) lost his mother when he was young. His grandparents Nicolas and Rita, now in their mid seventies, care for Cliff and six others: "Six of our sons and one of our daughters died from AIDS. How can this be? Our grandson Cliff is also HIV+, but medical staff saw this in time and he is now on ARV therapy."

Modern Times
HIV+ pregnant women can have more complications in childbirth, which can in turn lead to death. In the past, women were forced to deliver at home but now the U.K. government helps fund special delivery shelters, where women are able to give birth in a safe environment with skilled birth attendants.

Taking Shelter
Tryfinity, 20, gets set to give birth at the shelter: "I delivered (my first child) Cecelia at home because I live three hours drive from the hospital and I didn't know about the shelters. I'm much happier to be at the shelter for the birth of my next child."

The Waiting Game
"Rapid" HIV tests only take 10 minutes. And for those who do test positive, onsite counsellors help them to come to terms with their diagnosis and enrol them on a program of ARV drugs. The U.K.'s long term support for HIV prevention in Zimbabwe has helped the country to reduce infection rates from 24% of the adult population in the early 2000s to 14% in 2009.
附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

评分人数

• davy10

本帖最后由 evaxiaofan 于 2010-12-1 10:50 编辑

Charles in Charge
"I've done more tests than had hot dinners!" said Nurse Charles Machiridza. "We encourage couples to get tested. The hardest part is telling someone they are HIV+. They usually react with disbelief and become upset. Counsellors are here to help, and we offer follow up to understand their status and where to go."

Safety in Numbers
Coping with an HIV diagnosis can be an enormous burden for children and their families. But psychosocial support groups give them confidence to move forward with their lives. This group, led by trained counsellor and HIV+ woman Sheila Paradza, meet regularly.

Singing, Stories and Smiles
Through games, singing, story telling and drama performance, the children's support group learns skills to cope with difficulties in their life, and where to go for help. The Elizabeth Glaser Foundation helps over 16,000 HIV+ children in Zimbabwe to live normal healthy lives.

Bright Hope
Globally, more than five million people now have access to life saving retroviral treatment, which is more than a ten fold increase over five years. The ultimate aim is to eliminate paediatric AIDS in the developing world.

Jumping for Joy
The prevention services mean that nearly all children can be born HIV- negative. With ongoing support and treatment, even those who are HIV positive are able to grow up and live full lives.
附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

Hope they can be happy everyday.Have a good life.Don't lose heart.

回复 3# xiaomeixin

from their smile,i believe they have done it~~

回复 4# evaxiaofan

Yes,and we should not be sad.Because we are luckier than they.

评分人数

• davy10

i  have heard of the country  mang times for its largest waterfall, but dont know there are so many people  got AIDS. wish them can receive good treatment for AIDS.

oh? today is World Aids Day?
I see!

评分人数

• davy10

本帖最后由 evaxiaofan 于 2010-12-3 11:42 编辑

回复 6# davy10

frome this news, it seems to be possible that mothers who have HIV minght give birth to babies who do not .

评分人数

• davy10

回复 7# kobe

yesterday~~it has gone

返回列表