当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 职场英语 » 天天商务英语学习(中高级)2007-8-30
返回列表 发帖

天天商务英语学习(中高级)2007-8-30

天天商务词汇
smug (adjective) 沾沾自喜的,自鸣得意的

解释

having too much pride in one's achievements

例句

Why has John got that smug look on his face again? Don't tell me he got an even bigger bonus this year!

天天商务报道
Sleep easy in the bond market
在债券中安睡

Investors are flocking to the safety of bonds as subprime lending fallout continues to drag Wall Street on a wild ride. The returns are nothing special, but some folks just want to know their nest egg is protected. Stacey Vanek-Smith reports.
TEXT OF STORY
Scott Jagow: When the stock markets struggle like this, bonds look like a safe, warm blanket to investors. Sure enough this morning, U.S. Treasury bond futures jumped to a 20-month high. Stacey Vanek-Smith has more on the bond market.
Stacey Vanek-Smith: Bonds maybe a very safe place to stow money, but they're not very lucrative. The return on the 10-year T-note is at about 4.5 percent right now. That's a five-month low.
Jordan Goodman: People are more concerned about the return of their money than the return on their money.
Personal finance expert Jordan Goodman says because fewer investors are willing to take risks, those that do can make a lot of money.
Goodman: The spread between risky and non-risky is going to get even wider as people continue to abandon things that have more risk. And so you're going to continue to see Treasury bill rates falling and the rates on risky assets rising.
Goodman says those rising rates are bringing out the bargain hunters. Some investors are buying up things like junk bonds and mortgage backed securities at fire sale rates.

附件: 您需要登录才可以下载或查看附件。没有帐号?注册

i am wondering could you carry on this very fine and lovely programme all the days coming and if you R available please do it right and write me back!

返回列表