听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 阅读提高 » 【瑜伽】Raja Yoga Exercises
返回列表 发帖

【瑜伽】Raja Yoga Exercises

Raja yoga means royal yoga. Raja yoga incorporates aspects of Ashtanga and Hatha yoga. Although higher levels of raja yoga work toward achieving Samadhi, a superconscious state of oneness, you must first prepare by practicing physical yoga exercises like the asanas found in Hatha yoga. You can also exercise the raja yoga lifestyle by following the five yamas and niyamas.
Lotus Pose
Meditation is essential to raja yoga and lotus pose is the preferred position for meditation. Lotus pose is an exercise in flexibility as well discipline. Lotus is an extreme pose and you should ask a qualified yoga instructor for help with modifications and preparatory poses if you have knees problems or experience pain. No yoga pose should ever be forced. To perform this exercise, sit down and place your legs straight in front of you. Then, bend your right knee and use your hands to place the outside part of your right foot into crease of your left leg where the thigh meets your torso. Press your leg into the floor. Do the same with your left leg, bringing the left calf across and over your right calf. Sit up straight and feel your sit-bones press into the floor. Your hands relax onto your lap with your palms facing the ceiling or resting on your knees. You can make your favorite mudra with your fingers if you wish.

Raja Yoga Meditation Exercise
Meditation is best taught directly by an instructor, but if you wish to practice raja yoga you can begin to do meditation and develop concentration by trying meditative exercises. One exercise you can do is to sit in lotus and clear your mind. Use mantras such as "I am a peaceful soul" to keep your mind focused. Ignore any other thoughts. You can also think, "My mind is filled with peace," "I radiate peace to the world," "I feel the gentle waves of peace flowing across my mind, and "As these peaceful thoughts emerge in my mind I feel the stillness and silence envelopes my mind." These phrases are recommended by FreeMeditations.com. Other phrases you can use as part of the meditation include, "I realize my real nature is peace," "I am a being of light shining like a star," "My mind feels light and free from worries," "The light and peace envelopes me and the waves of peace and light shine like a lighthouse," and "This is the wonderful journey of self discovery."

Asanas
Other exercises to try are the 12 basic asanas of Hatha yoga, a sub-division of raja yoga, according to the International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centres (See References 3 and 4). Asanas are the physical poses most people think of when they hear the word "yoga." These are positions that you move into and hold while you breathe. Asanas improve flexibility and health, mental, physical and spiritual. The 12 basic asanas include headstand, shoulderstand, plough, fish, sitting forward bend, cobra, locust, bow, spinal twist, peacock, standing forward bend and triangle. These exercises should ideally be performed daily.

Yamas and Niyamas
The yamas and niyamas are like the do's and don't's of living a yogic lifestyle. Every day you should practice non-violence, truthfulness, moderation, purity of thought and action, contentment and austerity. Studying sacred yogic texts as well as refraining from stealing or coveting are also part of the yamas and niyamas.

ok,clear mind

返回列表