听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 12月10日故事:翅膀断了心飞翔 Broken wings,flying heart.
返回列表 发帖

12月10日故事:翅膀断了心飞翔 Broken wings,flying heart.

本帖最后由 youxiaxiaolala 于 2010-12-10 22:51 编辑

please read the story carefully,and tell me what are you thinking about when you read the whole story~Don't be shy,just make your imagination fly in your sky!

He lost his arms in an accident that claimed his father's life—who was the main source of support for the family.  Since thenhe has had to depend on the arms of his younger brother. For the sake of taking care of himhis younger brother became his shadownever leaving him alone for years. Except for writing with his toeshe was completely unable to do anything in his life.

One late nighthe suffered from diarrhea1 and had to wake up his younger brother. His younger brother accompanied him into the toilet and then went back the dorm to wait. But being so tiredhis younger brother fell asleepleaving him on the toilet for two hours till the teacher on duty discovered him. As the two brothers grew up togetherthey had their share of problems and they would often quarrel. Then one dayhis younger brother wanted to live separate from himliving his own lifeas many normal people do. So he was heart-broken and didn't know what to do.

A similar misfortune befell a girltoo. One night her motherwho suffered from chronic2 mental illness disappeared. So her father went out looking for her motherleaving her alone at home. She tried to prepare meals for her parentsonly to overturn the kerosene3 light on the stoveresulting in a fire which took her hands away.

Though her elder sister who was studying in another cityshowed her willingness to take care of hershe was determined to be completely independent. At schoolshe always studied hard. Most of all she learned to be self-reliant. Once she wrote the following in her composition“I am lucky. Though I lost my armsI still have legsI am lucky. Though my wings are brokenmy heart can still fly.”

One daythe boy and the girl were both invited to appear on a television interview program. The boy told the TV host about his uncertain future at being left on his ownwhereas the girl was full of enthusiasm for her life. They both were asked to write something on a piece of paper with their toes. The boy wroteMy younger brother's arms are my armswhile the girl wrote Broken wingsflying heart.

They had both endured the same ordeal4but their different attitudes determined the nature of their lives. It is true that life is unpredictable5. Disasters can strike at any time. How you handle misfortune when confronted with itis the true test of your character. If you choose only to complain and escape from the ordealit will always follow you wherever you go. But if you decide to be strongthe hardship will turn out to be a fortune on which new hopes will arise.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

Good luck to that girl.
She is very brave and strong.
I think we should learn form her.
Though my wings are broken,my heart can still fly.

评分人数

• yy2235

回复 2# xiaomeixin

if your wings were broken, i will fly with you on my wings

回复 3# kinglongyy

Really?Should I believe you?

回复 3# kinglongyy

I agree with xiaomeixin!

what the girl choose surprise me a lot,she is great,and i want to say,wings broken,flying heart; but if heart broken even dead,everything is over.

评分人数

• yy2235

Broken wings,flying heart.

看看  不错学习

i like it

Broken wings,flying heart.....

Thw brave girl, she will have d good luck!

返回列表