听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 休闲乐园 » “我不是女巫”领衔年度耶鲁名句
返回列表 发帖

“我不是女巫”领衔年度耶鲁名句

'I'm not a witch' picked as top quote of year by Yale

Among the year's best quotes, the UStea party member Christine O'Donnell's TV ad declaration "I'm not a witch" during her US Senate campaign tied for first place, with "I'd like my life back," the lament made by BP's CEO Tony Hayward after the offshore oil spill, according to Fred Shapiro, the librarian at Yale Law School.

The original Yale Book of Quotations was published in 2006, and this is the fifth time he released the annual list of the top 10 quotes since then. This year, Shapiro noted that the top quotes stemmed from two of the biggest news stories of the year, the oil spill and the emergence of the tea party.

Shapiro picks quotes that are famous, important or revealing of the spirit of the times. The quotes aren't necessarily the most eloquent or admirable.

Airline passenger John Tyner's "If you touch my junk, I'm gonna have you arrested", the remark to Transportation Security Administration worker at San Diego airport, stays Number three in the list.

And "Chi! Chi! Chi! Le! Le! Le! Los mineros de Chile!" born in Chilean mine rescue holds the fifth place, according to Shapiro.

回复 1# kobe

“我不是女巫”领衔年度耶鲁名句

美联社12日报道称,耶鲁大学法学院图书馆馆长弗雷德?夏皮罗调查得出,茶党成员克里斯蒂娜?奥唐奈在竞选美国参议员时打出的电视广告中宣称“我不是女巫”,以及英国石油公司首席执行官托尼?海沃德在墨西哥湾漏油事件发生后发出的悲叹“我真希望回到从前的生活”,并列成为本年度最常被引用流行语之首。

据悉,《耶鲁名句录》第一版是2006年发表的,而这是夏皮罗第五次发布他的年度最受关注引用语排行榜。今年,夏皮罗注意到,排名领先的两句话都源自本年度最重大的新闻:墨西哥湾漏油事件、茶党参选。

夏皮罗选择引用语时遵从有名、重要、反映时代精神的原则。引用语不一定慷慨激昂或者精美绝伦。

排位第三的是飞机乘客约翰?泰纳在圣迭戈机场对安检人员的一句话:“如果你碰到我的私处,我就让你被捕。”

智力矿工重建天日时发出的欢呼声“智利!智利!智利矿工!”排位第五。

“我不是女巫”有神马来历么?

看上面的英文,从头到尾看完了都没读懂几句,真杯具

haha~慢慢看,看不懂就看下面中文

返回列表