听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语美文】 » home
返回列表 发帖

home

What makes a home? Love and sympathy and confidence. It is a place where kindly affection exist among all the members of the family. The parents take good care of their children, and the children are interested in the activities of their parents. Thus all of them are bound together by affection, and they find their home to be the cheeriest place in the world.
    A home without love is no more a home than a body without a soul is a man. Every civilized person is a social being. NO one should live alone. A man may lead a successful and prosperous life, but prosperity alone  can by no means insure happiness. Many great personages in the world history had deep affections for their homes.
    Your home  may be poor and humble, but your duty lies there. You should try to make it cheerful and comfortable. The greater the difficulties, the richer will be your reward.
    A home is more than a family dwelling. It is a school in which people are trained for citizenship. A man will not render good service to his country if he can do nothing good for his home; for in proportion as he loves his home, will he love his country. The home is the birthplace of true patriotism. It is the secret of social welfare and national greatness. It is the basis and origin of civiliztion.

评分人数

• icy_zhu

very graceful article~
is it written by you?

Not written by me, i read it in a book, and i like it, so i want to share with others in tingroom, and hope you will like it.

回复 3# dengbin1769

yeah,I like it very much.
it is not so long and easy to understand,I think it is suitable to recite.

collection

回复 4# icy_zhu

Recite...  I can't imagine how good your English is.

回复 6# eedhatt

no no no,pls do not misunderstand that how good my English is,I mean that if we can recite it.
if you read it times,you can recite it.
don't you thik so?

返回列表