听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 阅读提高 » 【运动】How to Build Body Definition
返回列表 发帖

【运动】How to Build Body Definition

Overview
Building body definition requires an increase in the amount of muscle you have and a reduction in the amount of fat on your body. No matter how much muscle you develop, if you are carrying excess fat, you won't have definition. It takes a combination of weight lifting and cardio workouts, along with attention to your diet, to build definition. Depending on your current fitness level, it may take several months before you notice changes to your physique. Use a tape measure to chart your progress and to avoid feeling frustrated at slow progress.

Step 1
Lift weights to build muscles. Work all body parts to develop definition evenly. You can perform a full body workout three times a week, or lift four days a week, working different body parts on alternating days. Work out body parts on nonconsecutive days to ensure muscle recovery.

Step 2
Choose heavy weights. How much weight you can lift depends on your personal strength and the length of time you have been training. Choose weights that make it difficult to complete more than 12 reps of each exercise. Once you can complete 12 reps, increase the weight for that exercise so you continue to build muscle.

Step 3
Perform cardiovascular exercise to burn fat. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or CDC, recommends that everyone perform at least 2.5 hours of cardiovascular exercise each week. You can increase this amount to speed your weight loss. Activities such as bicycling, dance class and walking are enjoyable, which makes them easy to stick with long-term.

Step 4
Cut calories to reach your ideal weight. As important as exercise is to developing definition, unless you are already at your ideal weight, cutting calories will help you reach your goal faster. Determine the approximate number of calories you need to maintain your weight by multiplying your weight by 12 if you are a female, and 15 if you are a male. Subtract 500 from this number to lose one pound a week through diet alone. You may lose more weight, depending on the intensity of your exercise.

看完后请用一两句话描述一下你觉得最好理想的身材是怎样的?

let's talk about the muscles!
hey,leenyao,
you like sports,right?
and you're also strong,and have many muscles,right?

回复 2# kobe

yes,i like sports.and i'm s,s,s,"slim".not strong .
    i work out to make more muscle.i used to go 30-minute jogging every evening.these day it's cold,and i squeeze some time to play balls,football or basketball in the daytime.

回复 3# leenyao

jogging can't not make any muscles

回复 4# kobe

but it can make your body in a good condition,and you can do more exercise.

good! you're right!

返回列表