听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语美文】 » 2011-01-28 美文欣赏:Procrastination Is The Thief of Happiness
返回列表 发帖

2011-01-28 美文欣赏:Procrastination Is The Thief of Happiness

Please read the article carefully,then translate the red sentences or write down your feelings to gain the score. If you have any questions, write them down immediately. I will do my best to answer.

I have been abroad to attend meetings of cultural exchanges. Once I chanced on a very beautiful dress and spent a lot of money for it. I liked it so much that I begrudged wearing it. As a result of being rarely used it gradually fell into obvilion. Not until a change of season made me tidy up my wardrobe with the help of my family members did it appear and remind me of its existence. It had been so well kept from washing and sunning that it looked brandnew and well ironed, but its style was rather out of fashion now. Embarrassed and reproachful of myself, I could do nothing but wrap it carefully to place it again at the bottom of the wardrobe. Recalling how happy I was when I first got it I couldn't help sighing I'd missed enjoying it all together.
    When I was very, very young, there was someone I was really fond of. Anything about him, no matter how trivial it was, whether a frown or a smile, would stir my feelings so much that I felt I had a great deal to express and sing. But as a girl I couldn't bring myself to do so. I had to keep it to myself, neatly fold it and carefully bury it deep in my heart, fancying someday when I had enough courage to open my heart without reservation in his presence. I was thus waiting and waiting until finally this sentiment died out as if it were a seed decaying in airtight soil without any benefit of the sun or rain.
    Anything in one's life has a period of keeping fresh. Nice aspiration, if only placed solemnly on the table of ideal to worship, will end up being buried in dust by time.
    If we become aware of the bitterness that we taste now, we should treasure the happiness brought to us by the clothes we are wearing and the people around us.
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

本帖最后由 luckymonkey 于 2011-1-29 08:47 编辑

Should "fell into obvilion" be "fell into oblivion" in the fourth sentence of the first paragraph?

评分人数

• eedhatt

返回列表