听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 听力提高 » 魔术美文19 The New Autobiography of Forrest Gump (1)
返回列表 发帖

魔术美文19 The New Autobiography of Forrest Gump (1)

I am a born idiot. My mother was a widow because my father died shortly after my birth. But others said I resembled him. We inherited some estates which we lived by. My mother planted a lot of violets in the courtyard.
I liked watching her knitting nearby the violets. At that time, my mother talked much to stimulate me, which I could not cite much, but my mother always said," Life is like a box of chocolate,you never know what you are going to get."
    My mother named me Forrest.She interpreted that I was an heir of Forrest, a hero in cinvil war. His name had been carved on the monument and President Roosevelt had awarded him a badge. My mother said I must have retained the gene of heros.I didn't quite understand her interpretation.It might link with a myth or whatsoever.
    We had a nighbor, a Negro immigrant from Africa. I liked to play threatened with him for anyone who laughed at my insaneness, he would deliver him punch. My mother gaver his family good treatment. Later one night, there was a riot in the street with whistle of cars again and again. They said some Negros robbed a white junior student. Then my nighbor moved away. Nobody played with me since then.
    My mother thoughe it was good for me in school, so that I would be the same as others. But on that day, the headmaster said he would check my grammar. It seemed I did badly, for my mother tried to reconcile with him.After a term, I was transferred to another school.I would tell you, it was an odd place. Some spat the gums on the sofa;some twisted stockings around their necks. The teachers only taught the simplicity of life,for example, when to slap hands, how to suck soda to prevent it from splashing on clothes and so on. We should submit to teachers.I yawned often.But there was one exception. Once I broke a broom with a snap, the teacher made me hungry for a day.
    One day a big guy met me on my way from dorm(itory). He came to drag me and call me "idiot". I was almost provoked,but I dared not to protest. I shed tears. Then a voice came,"Run, Forrest!Run!"and I began to run. When I dashed into a cinema on Joint Street and looked back, he disappeared.
    After graduation, the US military cabled to inform me to join the army. Mama took me to the site of interview which was in a stadium nearby a gulf. There might be thousands of people because some other's toes were always kicking my heels. The jury was composed of seven people, an delegate with a big forehead labeled us from NO.1 and divided us into several divisions to, he clarified, keeping balance.Nuisance!Then he made us to take a leap-frog test keeping with a naked body. He said he would check our spine and muscle strength. With I got home at night, I got two swollen feet.

评分人数

• 李武军

thank you for your sharing. continue .....

返回列表