听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 听力提高 » 魔术美文19 The New Autobiography of Forrest Gump(2)
返回列表 发帖

魔术美文19 The New Autobiography of Forrest Gump(2)

I couldn't be a soldier because the test of federal corps was a good proof that I was an idiot. A few days later, a coach called Maurice came to ask me to play American football in college. He said he had seen me running. I could runs as quickly as a rocket.
    College was different. I was restricted to learn.Some professors were strict such as Mr.A. who taught us a course named technology. He gave me a book might be several centimeters thick. I spent some nights reading the chapters and I found I could digest most of the formulas. However, in physics class, I was always confused with the concepts as molecule, atom and nucleus; and I could neither memorize the idioms and phrases nor make a clear distinction between adjective and adverb, in English class. I usually borrowed some handbooks of composition from the librarian.I liked some brief paragraphs in them.
    Though I got A in technology, I was kicked out from the college because I got F in English. Several months later,I was asked to come to the recruiting headquarters. I estimated there might be a great many openings in the army. That might be why they asked an idiot to join them.
    I went to my travel with a small parcel, but it turned out a reverse way as what I thought on the outest. The newly erected training base was in a typical tropical region. Everything was scarce except mosquitoes .We shot with our rifles whenever we heard the bang of out leader, and also we practiced shouting slogans.
    Once in a shooting practice, I noticed a profile of a tight vessel(cotainer) made of brass. Its oval outline was cute, so I shot at it. The result was that they deducted my monthly allowance and took me to heat the furnace.
    Three months later,we were paraded with a banner. Then we left there.
    Several weeks later, we arraced at the Vietnam via Pacific Ocean. I saw some bandaged soldiers and wrecked utility shortly after I got off. There was scarcely an intact building.A deputy superior ,who looked like a butcher with a fat chin(jaw),asked us to take a bath in a basin and then Ishaved. Then, each of us were given a pistoa ,some bullets, a talescope and a pair of leather shoes which I liked the best. Every day the jets flied around in the air and what we had to do was to scout around to prevent the raid of enemy ,or hide in tank when there was a shell black were racial inferior.It was nonsense for me.The deputy superior shouted at us every day and he once said, the declar ation of the war meant this territory would be our colony sooner or later. I didn't like his mode of speaking.
    It was ridiculous that, one year later,we didn't ever eliminate the enemy before we were notified to withdraw back to the U.S. Though the recession of economy after going back to the U.S, I launched into my business. We caught fish in the Pacific Ocean. Though the little input, the inflation and the goverment imposed heavey tax, we got great revenur by retail.I even suspected God manipulated all the things.Thank God.

返回列表