听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 2月14日故事:Mother
返回列表 发帖

2月14日故事:Mother

Please read the story carefully,then translate the red sentences and tell me what are you thinking about when you read the whole story~Don't be shy,just make your imagination fly in your sky!

Night after night, she came to tuck me in, even long after my childhood years. Following her longstanding custom, she'd lean down and push my long hair out of the way, then kiss my forehead.
     I don't remember when it first started annoying me — her hands pushing my hair that way. But it did annoy me, for they felt work-worn and rough against my young skin. Finally, one night, I shouted out at her, "Don't do that anymore —your hands are too rough!" She didn't say anything in reply. But never again did my mother close out my day with that familiar expression of her love.
     Time after time, with the passing years, my thoughts returned to that night. By then I missed my mother's hands, missed her goodnight kiss on my forehead. Sometimes the incident seemed very close, sometimes far away. But always it lurked, in the back of my mind.
     Well, the years have passed, and I'm not a little girl anymore. Mom is in her mid-seventies, and those hands I once thought to be so rough are still doing things for me and my family. She's been our doctor, reaching into a medicine cabinet for the remedy to calm a young girl's stomach or soothe the boy's scraped knee. She cooks the best fried chicken in the world... gets stains out of blue jeans like I never could...
     Now, my own children are grown and gone. Mom no longer has Dad, and on special occasions, I find myself drawn next door to spend the night with her. So it was late on Thanksgiving Eve, as I slept in the bedroom of my youth, a familiar hand hesitantly run across my face to brush the hair from my forehead. Then a kiss, ever so gently, touched my brow.
     In my memory, for the thousandth time, I recalled the night my young voice complained, "Don't do that anymore — your hands are too rough!" Catching Mom's hand in hand, I blurted out how sorry I was for that night. I thought she'd remember, as I did. But Mom didn't know what I was talking about. She had forgotten — and forgiven — long ago.
     That night, I fell asleep with a new appreciation for my gentle mother and her caring hands. And the guilt that I had carried around for so long was nowhere to be found.
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

Every monther is very great.

评分人数

• yy2235

We do have generation gaps with our Mums, but sometimes we should be considerate of them.

评分人数

• yy2235

但从此,我的母亲却再没有, 用她那令人熟悉的表达爱的方式,来结束我的一天。
在过去的这些年里,我一次又一次的回想着那个晚上。
那晚,我带着对温柔母亲和体贴双手的感激入睡。

评分人数

• yy2235

回复 2# xiaomeixin

Yes, I think so.

妈妈再也没做过类似于用手抚摸我头发的情感表达了。
一次又一次我的想法总会回到那晚上。
那晚我对我温柔贤惠的妈妈及她那双饱含爱意的手重新燃起了感激之情。

评分人数

• yy2235

let me take a look!

但是妈妈再也没有用这样一种熟悉的表达爱的方式来结束我的白天了。
时间一天天过去,几年都过去了,我的思绪回到了那个晚上。
那天晚上,我带着一种新的对妈妈的慈祥和那双照顾我们的手的感激入睡的。

评分人数

• yy2235

But never again did my mother close out my day with that familiar expression of her love.
     Time after time, with the passing years, my thoughts returned to that night
但是我的妈妈再也不像我表达如此熟悉的爱了,随着时间的流逝,我的思想回到了那晚

评分人数

• yy2235

every mother is very great.

评分人数

• yy2235

Your great my flesh and blood coagulation
Your great shape my soul
Your life is a voyage of love
Your beautiful rings with
Compiled a calendar of dissemination of ink fragrance
Every year I spent in your affection

评分人数

• yy2235

从那以后妈妈再也没有用这样一种熟悉的表达爱的方式来结束我的一天了。
一次又一次我回想起那一晚
那晚我带着对慈祥妈妈的那双照顾我们的手的感激入睡。

评分人数

• yy2235

love you mama

We may not understanded mother's love in our youth.But as growing at age we realized that the mother's love is the great present of the world.

评分人数

• yy2235

新人报到求关照

every mother is very great.

评分人数

• yy2235

Mother is great!

But never again did my mother close out my day with that familiar expression of her love.
但是我的妈妈再也没有用这熟悉的爱的表达来结束我的一天
Time after time, with the passing years, my thoughts returned to that night.
时光如梭,多少年过去了,我的思绪仍然回到那个晚上
That night, I fell asleep with a new appreciation for my gentle mother and her caring hands.
当晚,我带着对我温柔的母亲和她慈祥的双手的新的感激入睡

评分人数

• yy2235

返回列表