听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语美文】 » 2011-02-16 美文欣赏:礼物的含义
返回列表 发帖

2011-02-16 美文欣赏:礼物的含义

Many people just give gifts without even liking to give. They just give because Christmas is coming, because it is the New Year, or because she is my mother, because she is my daughter, because he is my friend, because he is my husband, etc. And people just buy any kind of thing sometimes. And that's very burdensome, for the buyer as well as the receiver. Because you only receive like a skeleton, without any soul, without any affection in it. And we all know this. And it's bad! It's not a good habit to exchange gifts, even though it is Christmas or New Year's, if we have no love in it, if we don't do it with sincere well wishing, or sincere affection. Mostly, people don't do it with love. They are too busy to have affection. They are too busy to think about whether they should put in affection or not. The affection has gone out the window. When Christmas comes, most affection's gone.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

It is a very good custom to express our feelings through gifts. But sometimes, if we have our full heart in it, even one rose is enough. Otherwise, people just want to show off their generosity, and buy a big bouquet, and still it doesn't mean anything. Therefore, sometimes, I often hear people outside say, "Ah! Christmas is coming; it's a terrible time. I haven't bought this for that person. I haven't bought that for this person." It looks like a burden. It's not a feast of love. And it's not an occasion to celebrate our bonds of friendship. But it's a burdensome time. It's a very tiresome period of the year.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

People do it just to discharge their obligations toward each other. But they do not really understand the significance of the season, and of the actions and gifts. That's why it makes such a boring job, to go shopping at Christmas or New Year's. All rush, rush! So many things to do, so many cars to drive or ride in, so many gifts to wrap, and all kinds of things. It's very difficult to have affection in such a rush. Therefore, you know, at Christmas time, people just stuff each other's houses with all kinds of nonsense, all kinds of unnecessary toys and stuff that normally we would not even think of buying for ourselves. And sometimes, people make a joke, or maybe it's a true story, that sometimes you find your own gift coming back, returning back to you after a circle of friendship. And you just have a good laugh. And sometimes, this gift is the very thing that you wanted to get rid of, and it came back to you full circle.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

学习下~~~

we don't should only  judge affection through gifts's siginificance (small or big)
we should be with a sincere heart to send others for gifts. imaging their sweet smiles when your friends receive your gifts .

评分人数

• eedhatt

good

I want to see the answer

o

good,study

返回列表