听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 环球英语 » 老百姓“精打细算”过日子
返回列表 发帖

老百姓“精打细算”过日子

Ordinary Chinese consumers are coming up with different ways and ideas to cope with rising food and household prices, hoping to improve their standard of living while prices continue to rise.
中国的普通老百姓总有不同的方法和想法来应对涨价,希望在商品价格持续上涨的同时也能改善他们的生活水平。
The consumer price index (CPI) for January was 4.9 percent, about 0.3 percent higher than in December, but a little lower than what many economists predicted.
Facing rising prices, consumers have developed ways to increase their income and reduce spending.
For retirees with savings in banks, the most common add to their funds is to lock in their deposits at a higher interest rate.
"I have a 100,000 yuan ($15,176) deposit in the bank. After the central bank announced the interest rate hike last Tuesday, I rushed to the bank to reinvest my money at the new rate," said Li Guo, a 78-year-old retiree in Shanghai.
Li said he waited for two hours for his number to be called, because more than 60 elderly people were waiting in line to do the same thing.
Younger people either have their money managed by financial service institutes or increase their investments, purchasing property for example, to offset the effects of rising inflation.
"I do not worry about my money depreciating, because I put it all into properties," said Wang Tao, who bought an apartment in Anhui province two years ago.
Meanwhile, people are economizing to make the most of their money.
Li Ya, an art student from Beijing University of Technology, said she used to eat apples, but they have become expensive, so she now buys bananas, which cost about half as much.

"I don't pay much attention to CPI figures, but I've noticed food prices shooting up in the past few years," Li said.

Although the central government has spared no efforts to contain inflation, many consumers find it difficult to see the results.

"I have no idea about the CPI or any figures in China. But I don't think prices are being controlled very well. There are too many rich people in China who can afford expensive things, such as cars or property," said Bi Jinying, a 76-year-old retiree in Beijing with monthly income of about 2,000 yuan.

"There is no way for prices to go down," Bi said.
"What I'm most concerned about now is that no-one in my family gets sick. Otherwise, our costs will be much higher," she said.

评分人数

• davy10

There are some way for prices to go down
we should believe in goverment's effort

回复 2# davy10

Government agency in the leading role

返回列表