听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 3月14日故事:The Day Is Waning and the Road Is Ending日暮途穷
返回列表 发帖

3月14日故事:The Day Is Waning and the Road Is Ending日暮途穷

Please read the story carefully,then tell me what are you thinking about when you read the whole story~Don't be shy,just make your imagination fly in your sky!

In the Spring and Autumn Period, Duke Ping of Chu was misled by slanderers, and had Wu Zixu's father executed. Wu Zixu fled to the State of Wu. More than then years later, Wu Zixu took his revenge by helping. Wu conquer Chu. Yet he suffered agonies of remorse, because his countrymen called him a traitor. He protested, "I'm just like a traveller. It's already late, but I still have a long way to go. I simply dont know what to do."
             This idiom comes from the above story. It means being in a very difficult situation at the end of one's tether.
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

I want to see the hiding.

I don't really understand, want to see the translation!

every man has its ownlimits,and once it's brkened,everything is nothing to the him.

顶一下,不错不错....

not really understand

I think ,when someone make serious mistake ,if  he  have realized  his mistake,and he remorsed ,we should give him a chance  to turn a new leaf,if we do not give him a chance
,he need  death penalty .his chirdrens will possible revenge for him,when his chirdrens kill you
someday,your childrens will revenge for you . all the time,eveyone  cannot settled life,and live for revenging.

just like a movie!

it's so easy。

nothing

返回列表