听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 3月26日故事:The Apple of Discord 不和果
返回列表 发帖

3月26日故事:The Apple of Discord 不和果

Please read the story carefully,then translate the red sentences ~Don't be shy,just make your imagination fly in your sky!

The wedding of Peleus and the sea-goddess Thetis wereheld and all gods were invited.But the absence of one goddess was clearly noticeable.It was Erls,the goddess of discord.As she planted seeds of discord wherever she went,it was natural that her presence at the ceremony was not desirable.She had good reason to feel angry.So she decided to make fun ofthe group at the party.Eris slipped into the hall after the couple left and rolled on the floor a golden apple ,having the words,“For the fairest”.It caused a violent quarrel among the three goddesses,Hera,Athena and Aphrodite.Zeus found it advisable to send them before a shepherd boy on Mt Ida,Paris by name,for judge ment.Hermes,the messenger,took the apple in his hand and led the goddesses away.

Paris was son of Priam,king of Troy.As his mother dreamed at his birth that she was bearing a piece of burning wood,the babe was regarded as representing the destruction of the city itself.To save the kingdom from possible disaster,the parents had the helpless infant left on top of Mt Ida to die.However,he survived his ill fate .Brought up by the herdsmen,he became a strong,handsome lad.He was secretly united with Oenone,a fair and faithful mountain fairy maiden.On this particular day,as he was taking care of his sheep on the mountainside,the youth was surprised to see four human beings standing before him.Hermes told him about his mission and left.The three holy beauties then competed with each other,showing themselves up before the shepherd.Hera promised to make himking of Asia.Athena undertook to help him get imperishablefame in war;whereas Aphrodite offered to secure for him the love of the most beautiful woman in the world.The primitive instinct of the boy thus moved,Aphrodite won the prize,and theother two goddesses left in anger and became deadly enemies of Troy.

本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

哈哈

thanks fou sharing

But the absence of one goddess was clearly noticeable.
但是有一个女神很明显缺席了。
Hermes,the messenger,took the apple in his hand and led the goddesses away.
信使赫尔墨斯把苹果拿在手中让众神离开了。
The three holy beauties then competed with each other,showing themselves up before the shepherd.
三个漂亮的女神于是开始在牧人面前竞相表现自己。

评分人数

• yy2235

Oh, I made so more comprehensive mistakes, and I am frustrated by it.

回复 5# yentl

Take it easy. You'll find more from your mistake sentences, so please practise more.

But the absence of one goddess was clearly noticeable
但是,一个女神明显缺席了
Hermes,the messenger,took the apple in his hand and led the goddesses away.
Hermes,先驱,把苹果拿在手里让众神散去
The three holy beauties then competed with each other,showing themselves up before the shepherd.
这三个漂亮圣洁的女神彼此竞争,在牧羊人面前表现自己

评分人数

• yy2235

O(∩_∩)Ohaha, however, i didn't catch the meaning completely

I always haven't enough impatient to read all over the conversation. Because it is so difficult for me. It has a great deal of words which I never seen before. It was frustrating!

回复 9# yuyanzhu

Take it easy. Please read more, and then you'll find it is easy to understand.

Wedding night

返回列表