听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 3月27日故事:The Frog in the Shallow Well 井底之蛙
返回列表 发帖

3月27日故事:The Frog in the Shallow Well 井底之蛙

please read the story carefully,and tell me what are you thinking about when you read the whole story~Don't be shy,just make your imagination fly in your sky!

Have you not heard of the frog that lived in a shallow well? It said to a turtle that lived in the East Sea, "I am so happy! When I go out, I jump about on the railing beside the mouth of the well. When I come home,I rest in the holes on the broken wall of the well. If I jump into the water, it comes up to my armpits and holds up my cheeks. If I walk in the mud, it covers up my feet. I look around at the wriggly worms, crabs and tadpoles, and none of them can compare with me. Moreover, I am lord of this trough of water and I stand up tall in this shallow well. My happiness is full. My dear sir, why don´t you come often and look around my place?"
     Before the turtle from the East Sea could get its left foot in the well, its right knee got stuck. It hesitated and retreated. The turtle told the frog about the East Sea.
   "Even a distance of a thousand li cannot give you an idea of the sea´s width; even a height of a thousand ren cannot give you an idea of its depth. In the time of King Yu of the Xia dynasty, there were floods nine years out of ten, but  the waters in the sea did not increase. ln the time of King Tang of the Shang dynasty there were droughts seven years out of eight, but the waters in the sea did not decrease. The sea does not change along with the passage of time and its level does not rise or fall according to the amount of rain that falls. The greatest happiness is to live in the East Sea."
  After listening to these words, the frog of the shallow well was shocked into realization of his own insignificance and became very ill at ease.
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

Actually,I can't understand the story meaning well.

From a diffierent viewpoints, we needn't to tell one that his happiness is so meaningless bacause he didn't find the outside world

评分人数

• yy2235

it's a wonderful story

i got heard this story before but actually this story i cannot be understand well><

顶一下,不错不错....

in my opinion,the frog is too lazy to see the outside world ,if it can have a step ,it can see the world.

the story tell me,my view need be  very far

It's a wonderful story .

返回列表