听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 【每日英语故事】 » 4月7日故事:Ignorance of the objective world 不合时宜
返回列表 发帖

4月7日故事:Ignorance of the objective world 不合时宜

please read the story carefully,and tell me what are you thinking about when you read the whole story~Don't be shy,just make your imagination fly in your sky!

In the State of Lu, there was a couple of husband and wife, the former being an expert shoemaker and the latter a skilled hand in wearing taffeta. One day after consultations they decided to go to the state of Yue to earn a livelihood. The neighbors advised them not to go when they learned about their plan. "Don't go there," said one neighbor, "If you go, you can never earn a livelihood."
  "We cannot understand you," interrogated the couple, "We have a find command of our art, how could we not earn our living with our work? Don't make a fool of us, please."
  "Indeed, you have your skill," explained the man, "But have you taken notice of the fact that shoes are made for people and the silk taffeta are for hat-making? The people of Yue don't wear shoes, for they are barefooted. Again, they like to have their hair spread out over their heads and they never use hats. To whom should you sell your shoes and hats then?" Experienced though you are in the arts, yet the arts you have mastered are useless there."
  After this explanation, the husband and wife now understood that anything that was not adaptable to the objective world would be useless and unpractical.
本帖隐藏的内容需要回复才可以浏览

This is a ancient story of China,it tell us that we should do something based on the fact,or it may be meaningfulless .

评分人数

• yy2235

It recalls me another story: two shoesales came to one place where the people didn't wear shoes, one sales came back soon and report to his boss,"we can't not sell one shoe there because the people here don't wear shoes". But the other was excited, and teach the local people to wear shoes,and developed shoes that are suit the people there. At last he winned a great market there!

haha~~

评分人数

• yy2235

回复 3# fangnan

Yes, I heard this story.

Your speech is very good,thank you .

顶一下,不错不错....

还有这种典故

a good story

think about

返回列表