听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 阅读提高 » Office Equipment
返回列表 发帖

Office Equipment

Office Equipment

Like many offices, we had only one large high speed copier. You often had to wait in line, sometimes for long periods of time, to use it. One of the cutest lil' female blonde clerks in the building had an armful of papers and the machine was steadily chugging away as I walked up. I put on my very best "poor lil' puppy dog" look to see if I could interrupt her and perhaps sneak in my little job.

Sharon, the clerk in question, looked over at me, more than slightly irritated, since she knew I wanted to butt in, and said "How much ya got ? I got a LOT !"

I looked her slowly up and down, then said with a smile, "I know !"

Let me assure y'all, that the laws of physics were completely suspended at that very moment. This 5'3" 115 pound sweet thang was able to knock my 6'0" 185 pound frame totally on my butt with a single round-about, stiff-armed haymaker.

She then turned her back, and without a word, continued with her photocopies, leaving me sitting on the floor, totally shocked and somewhat stunned.

Once I came upon this pretty new temp standing in front of the paper shredder with a confused look on her face. I asked if she needed any help.

She said, "Yeah, how does this thing work ?"

I took the papers from her hand and demonstrated how to work the shredder. She stood there a moment with yet another confused expression, so I said, "Any questions ?"

She said, "Yeah, exactly where do the copies come out from ?"

返回列表