听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 阅读提高 » I CANNOT REMEMBER
返回列表 发帖

I CANNOT REMEMBER

I cannot remember when I strolled on the shore, feeling the soft warm sand under my feet.

I cannot remember when I felt the cold crisp water caressing my feet as it rushed back to the sea preparing to return.

I cannot remember when I sat and watched the sunrise marking the beginning of a new day in everyone's life.

I cannot remember when I took the time to separate the colors of the rainbow for I spent more time focusing on the "pot of gold."

I cannot remember when I sat and watched my favorite actor in a cinema; when I spent the time with my best friend, my dog.

I cannot remember when I last strolled in a park admiring the wonders of the plant kingdom, hugging a tree to feel the energy flowing into my being, becoming one with the tree, my brother.

Are we not all related? Do we not all come from the same energy or life force?

I cannot remember when I sat in a forest listening to the sweet songs of the birds, listening to the little stream babbling along, the sound uplifting my inner being.

I cannot remember when I walked hand in hand with my loved one, too busy holding the hand, which needed support.

Neglecting those close to me, hearing them but not listening.

Am I allowing life to pass me by, continuously giving of myself but never replenishing?

Can one give if there is an imbalance within? Is it fair to the one who asks for support?

Yes, I cannot remember when I have given time to MYSELF.

Well, it is time to remember just that, and once I am replenished, then will I be able to replenish those who could not remember.

I thank my creator for giving me time to remember.

返回列表