听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » 交流茶馆 » A WRONG MOVE; A REAL CHALLENGE
返回列表 发帖

A WRONG MOVE; A REAL CHALLENGE

I was always successful, be it in my education or career life. I have never thought that I will fail even once in both aspects, for I know I am capable and know my stuff. Little did I know, a wrong move in my career will end me in deep trouble.

I was happily working in a company when a golden opportunity struck. I got head hunted! So, I moved on and worked in the new company. Yes, truthfully, the pay attracted me. Days passed. My workload was light and I was earning more than I used to get. I thought maybe, I should continue this for a year then decide on what I want to move on as. I was planning to get a masters degree too.

However, the regional recession took me by surprise. The company retrenched me. Hey, there were so many lazy bums in the company and I wasn't one of them. Why me? Well, I know. It is because I am not in the group of the decision maker.

I accepted the fate rather gracefully and picked up my emotions. I started looking for jobs immediately. In front of the interviewers, I am confident and know what I want. Yet no one knows I am feeling sad and worried.

A month has passed. I do have a few job offers but there is no news from the company with the ideal job that I went to interview for and hope to get. For the past weeks, it seems like a real test and a real challenge.

It was my discontentment that brought me to this state. I regretted being too greedy and money minded. But, the past is past. I was blessed to have a smooth path in my career. Life is not a bed of roses always. This is a time for me to prove my worth.

I know I am worthy for everything in the world. I won't give up, for I know I will get what I want, even if the company with the ideal job rejected me. I will move on and get what I want. No matter how tough the journey will take, I am determined to continue and fulfill my goals and dreams.

You too, it is a blessing that we are living right now at this moment. With failures, we grow. Somehow, I feel that my life has just started. It is not the destination that matters, it is the journey. Though my journey, for this round, is full of thorns and hindrances, I will definitely enjoy the trip and learn the lessons within.

返回列表