听力首页 听力教程 VOA慢速 英语歌曲 外语下载 英语小说 英语词典 在线背单词 听力论坛 韩语学习
听力专题 英语教材 VOA标准 英语动画 英语考试 资源技巧 英语翻译 单词连连看 听力家园 德语学习
听力搜索 英语导读 BBC英语 英语视频 英语电台 英语QQ群 外语歌曲   英语游戏 英语网刊 日语学习
当前位置: 英语听力论坛 » English Corner » My English Learning Tricks
返回列表 发帖

My English Learning Tricks

My English Learning Tricks
Cavalier

When I found my English was not enough to use, I nearly tried no stone unturned. I love English, and was once a student of English major. Here are some tips based on my personal experience.

1) Read as much as you can. We learn basic English from readings. It helps roundly! You can read English books and English-learning books both. Don't use  Crazy English. They say  Mr. Li Yang  is a merchant more than a teacher. I never recommend him nor his books.

English is increasedly seen in our daily life. When I was a middle school student, I already began to notice the words I saw. Slogans, banners, product instructions, and many more in English.

2) Dictionary is the best dumb teacher! Buy a BIG dictionary. When I was a university student, I had more than one dictionary, a easy one, and a comprehensive one. And of course, they were in both English and Chinese. I often read dictionaries for one to 3 hours just after I look up a strange word, and they greatly helps to enlarge my vocabulary. When I graduated, I bought a third one, which was a total English one, without any Chinese character all through. And I think this kind of dictionary should agree with those with higher English level.

As for oral English, there are many many regular oral example sentences in dictionaries. And a good dictionary may tell you which word is formally written, as well as which is orally spoken.

3) Listen to English songs and videos, and watch English movies. This is the funniest way!

) Get a western English teacher, if you find a Chinese English teacher is not that professional. It is wise to make friends with him/her, other than try to make the most out of them by endlessly speaking or practicing. A good teacher is a good friend, not a free-of-charge cookie. Remember this, because many Chinese have ignored it, which makes me feel ashamed instead. People WON'T love offering something for nothing.

5) Love English, NOT for money or benefit. Never! Language is of art and culture, and they say interests is the best teacher of all!

The last not the least, practice makes perfect. Every learners know this simple idiom. Make progress day by day, and one day you will surprisedly find you speak fluent English! You make it! Congratulations then!

I hope my suggestion helps a little.

I copied it from other website.Hope it can help you a little.

wow ! you did a good job ! I also agree with you that interest is the best teacher of all ! if we don't show interest in english , we will find it difficult to learn english well . on the contrary , if we love english very much , we will be willing to learn english on our own and make great progress every time we study english through our effort .
let's strive to learn english well together in a bid to achieve our goals ! come on !

评分人数

• xiaomeixin

回复 2# 陈秀玲

You can say that again.You are a hard working girl.Yeah,interest is very important for one learning everything.And progress can be made step by step.If we go on learning,success is waiting for us.

回复 3# xiaomeixin

yeah`````I think so !

well,now,I've gotta buy a dictionary~!~!

评分人数

回复 5# 莎莎dawn

dictionary is essential  for Learning English

评分人数

本帖最后由 xiaomeixin 于 2011-6-3 16:34 编辑

回复 6# godfly-ygw

Ok.I am sorry,I gonna buy it`!~!

评分人数

本帖最后由 xiaomeixin 于 2011-6-4 08:28 编辑

Thank you share with us your learning experience. I know how to better learning English(learn English better). But crazy English has not good reputation very good(delete)? And why Chinese teachers teach bad students' English?

评分人数

• xiaomeixin

YEAH!!A language is far more than a tool!It is a window to a new culture..if we take it as a task ,it will be too boring to learn.But if we truly love it ,you would find it charming:the tone,the way it is expressed,the culture behind it...However ,we should be patient enough to pick it up little by little,and take it as a exact  part of our life!

评分人数

回复 8# abc_3345

This is not my learning tricks.I just copied it form the other website.Hope it can help you a little.

回复 10# xiaomeixin

but still thank you a lot

回复 8# abc_3345

ah thank you .i understand

回复 12# abc_3345

It's good to help you.

回复 13# xiaomeixin

thank you . that,s very kind of you.

I have a lot of dictionaries, but I just have one english diccionary. I need to buy another one.. XD

评分人数

回复 15# Sanmal

I don't have even one dictionary.

Thanks for you share it .

评分人数

返回列表